Corner to Corner Granny Square

bobwilson123

post-8926-0-88961900-1405312709_thumb.jpg

Hello crochet friends 

I really love this pattern and its great for using up left over balls of yarn, Looks great in thin or thick stripes

Here is the written pattern http://www.bobwilson123.org/afghans--granny-squares.html

I hope you enjoy this pattern as much as I did making it :hook

post-8926-0-41696400-1405312742_thumb.jpg

post-8926-0-89885800-1405312770_thumb.jpg

post-8926-0-09182800-1405312790_thumb.jpg

post-8926-0-95925800-1405312823_thumb.jpg

Love it! Thank you so much for sharing. The pattern is going on my "very near future To-Do List" as at present, I have a very large container of scrap yarn. Lucky me.

The link for your written pattern did not work for me, but, I did find it on your Blog.

I've looked at these corner to corner grannies before and just love the look of them. I just never crocheted one though. I clicked on your link and got a 404 error. Could you repost the pattern link? Thanks.

Thank you for letting me know about the link not sure why that wasnt working :) I have fixed it now  :clap

Love it! Thank you so much for sharing. The pattern is going on my "very near future To-Do List" as at present, I have a very large container of scrap yarn. Lucky me.

The link for your written pattern did not work for me, but, I did find it on your Blog.

Sorry about that link not working 

Here is the link and it should work now :)

http://www.bobwilson123.org/afghans--granny-squares.html

I've looked at these corner to corner grannies before and just love the look of them. I just never crocheted one though. I clicked on your link and got a 404 error. Could you repost the pattern link? Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Not a seasoned crocheter, so I have a question.  If I begin the decrease after an even number of rows will I always end with an even number of rows?  I am working a Christmas throw and have started blocks of 5 red, 2 white, 5 green, 2 white, etc.  I am afraid that I can't reverse the pattern.  HELP?

Just in my head...the total would have to be odd. 

It says to stop increasing at an even row, let's say row 10 to make the math easy.  So you have 9 rows that are smaller than row 10.  Now you start decreasing to mirror what you did before, until you reach the same point as row 1 but it will be row 19.  9 increasing rows, 9 decreasing rows=18, plus the longest row in the middle =19.

If I were doing this, since I already had a giant swatch made, I'd figure out how many rows from 'now' would be the point I'd want to start decreasing, and sketch it out with a smaller number of stripes than the total to figure what scenario would work.  You may need to make it smaller or bigger than you wanted to get symmetry.

Let me try a couple of scenarios-- 2s are white, the numbers with r are red and g are green.  I may be having a failure of imagination, but I think you'd only get symmetry is if the longest row was the middle(third) row of red or green.

2 5r 2 5g 2 3r this starts with white, and has 2.5 color repeats, and is an odd number (19).  Nope.

2 5r 2 5g 2 5r 2 3g  this starts with white, has 3.5 color repeats, and is an even number (26).  Yay!  So starting with white, an odd number of color repeats and half of another color repeat will work.  If you continue this mini pattern, it would be 2 5r 2 5g 2 5r 2 (3+2)g 2 5r 2 5g 2 5r

5r 2 5g 2 3r starts with a color (wouldn't matter which), has 2.5 repeats, and is an odd number (17).  Nope.

5r 2 5g 2 5r 2 3g starts with a color, has 3.5 repeats, and is an odd number (25).  Nope.

Please do check my math, and check it for longer scenarios than I did.  In fact, let me double check the scenario that worked:

2 5r 2 5g 2 5r 2 5g 2 5r 2 3g  ok, even number (40) that works too!  (5.5 repeats).

Having said all that, and if you started with a color and not the white...maybe imperfect symmetry isn't the end of the world?  

Archived