Might be my next CAL - Peppermint Throw

Red Heart pattern

The design is based on Krystal's Daisy charity square but much more complicated.

I have too much stuff on my plate just now but I am thinking that it would make a good CAL for October/November when I am trapped in my apartment.

If you have done Krystal's daisy it would prepare you for this :wlol

I am so tempted to do red and white but I need to think about it.

It's pretty, but I think it might fall into the "it's not fun" category that I try to use for choosing projects.

I think I have to agree with this.  I have done several of the daisy ghans and I'm hoping that will make it easier to accomplish. 

It may not be fun but it will be demanding; which is what I will need for those 2 months. :wlol

I am thinking that it will not likely be a CAL though as I don't think too many will want to play along. :(

I'd probably like dark green and white, but I think I would all too soon feel like I'm staring at a colored zebra.

I'd probably like dark green and white, but I think I would all too soon feel like I'm staring at a colored zebra.

I do tend towards the green myself as I would get more use from it.  I saw this started in the red and white with green and white for the squares... so pretty.

It might be interesting to consider other colours for this. :think

I talk myself into and out of this ghan daily :rofl

I might be talked into this..just because I do like a challenge occasionally!  Wonder how it would work up in a variegated red/green/offwhite with the solid red and solid green..and maybe offwhite thrown in...hmmmm  Have some leftovers from an afghan last year.. Could be an interesting thing to try!

I might be talked into this..just because I do like a challenge occasionally!  Wonder how it would work up in a variegated red/green/offwhite with the solid red and solid green..and maybe offwhite thrown in...hmmmm  Have some leftovers from an afghan last year.. Could be an interesting thing to try!

ooooh, sounds very nice.  I do have some Christmas variegated... hmmm

This is a really interesting pattern, but above my pay grade I think. I really like simpler patterns because I usually listen to audiobooks while I work, and if I have to obsess with pattern instructions and I lose track of the book. 

When I finish my current project I'm thinking of starting a scrap afghan in a pattern I've had a long time, and played around with, but never made. It's from Ravelry. Since it looks like some free ones I dithered a long time about paying for this one, and I'm very glad I decided to get it. It's done in a really interesting way, one "bubble" at a time instead of just back and forth, so it will be great for scraps. It's meant for magic balls, but I tried that once. Once. I would rather weave ends in all day long than do that, I think. This one's different enough for me for now. I'll leave the peppermints to the courageous and nimble fingered experts!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stained-glass-magic

This is a really interesting pattern, but above my pay grade I think. I really like simpler patterns because I usually listen to audiobooks while I work, and if I have to obsess with pattern instructions and I lose track of the book. 

When I finish my current project I'm thinking of starting a scrap afghan in a pattern I've had a long time, and played around with, but never made. It's from Ravelry. Since it looks like some free ones I dithered a long time about paying for this one, and I'm very glad I decided to get it. It's done in a really interesting way, one "bubble" at a time instead of just back and forth, so it will be great for scraps. It's meant for magic balls, but I tried that once. Once. I would rather weave ends in all day long than do that, I think. This one's different enough for me for now. I'll leave the peppermints to the courageous and nimble fingered experts!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stained-glass-magic

I play my Kindle on text to speech so I know what you mean about keeping the story in mind.

I have seen a similar ghan pattern that is free and I rather like that look.  I have considered making that Rows of Hearts afghan.  I :heart that one.  I need to find something but I have plenty of time and tons of patterns to consider.

What I like about that pattern and what makes it different is that you do the entire bubble at once, rather than up one side and down the other. Using scraps that can end up with the bubble different colors on right and left side, so I like this one better. Also lets you change colors between the bubbles. It's cleverly done. But I did some soul searching before I bought it because I didn't know how it differed from the free ones. 

I missed your current CAL - I was away from a computer the first two weeks in July. I  might have done it, but sqaure projects never appeal to me much. I'll keep an eye out for what you decide to do next. You're a good CAL moderator.

• 2 weeks later...

What I like about that pattern and what makes it different is that you do the entire bubble at once, rather than up one side and down the other. Using scraps that can end up with the bubble different colors on right and left side, so I like this one better. Also lets you change colors between the bubbles. It's cleverly done. But I did some soul searching before I bought it because I didn't know how it differed from the free ones. 

I missed your current CAL - I was away from a computer the first two weeks in July. I  might have done it, but sqaure projects never appeal to me much. I'll keep an eye out for what you decide to do next. You're a good CAL moderator.

Sorry; didn't see this post. :(

I agree with you about large squares as being... um ... challenging. :wlol .  In that case it was the colour and the design concept that got me started and got it finished.  I like little squares as they keep you always completing something.

I may do this ghan but as I said not as a CAL at this point.  I found the pattern I want to focus on and it is a cardi

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW3566.pdf

I hadn't run across that one--pretty! I've never ventured into clothes (except a few baby dresses), but this one looks interesting.

I was just looking at this yarn on line. Different colors are different prices at walmart.com and it is on sale on the red heart site.

I hadn't run across that one--pretty! I've never ventured into clothes (except a few baby dresses), but this one looks interesting.

I was just looking at this yarn on line. Different colors are different prices at walmart.com and it is on sale on the red heart site.

I don't plan to buy that yarn as I don't have access to it.  I'll just use whatever yarns I have on hand.

I don't plan to buy that yarn as I don't have access to it.  I'll just use whatever yarns I have on hand.

I unfortunately don't have access to anything but Wal-Mart for yarn, so most of mine is bought on line. I have gotten a number of things through walmart.com and had them shipped to the local store so there is no shipping charge.

Thanks for sharing the link to this pattern.  I've not done interlock crochet before, but the video is very clear, it doesn't look difficult, just 'different'.  Still thinking about it, I'm thinking a thread version for a holiday doily or runner would be nice....hmm.  (Hard to get into a winter holiday mood when it's 106F right now)

Archived