I am now a Member

Tampa Doll

I got the biggest surprise yesterday.  The mailman dropped a package, rang the door bell and ran like heck.  Guess he thought he was UPS. :D

I thought my package from Joann's got here early, but then I saw the return address.

When I opened the package I pulled out a tote and when I turned it around, it was a Crochetville tote, with the pocket and everything.  I was flabbergasted.  Someone made me a C'ville tote in blue with a blue pocket and white writing and 3 roses.  I guess I can now say I am a member of the club, and I know how you feel when you get the ones I send out.

I must confess that when I first saw the tote, I thought she was sending back the one I made, :confused  then I remembered she has a yellow and white one.

A note was attached and she told me she counted stitches, instead of grafting the pocket.  WOW! :eek

Along with the tote I got 2 hanging towels, a scrubby, a cute little blue bird and a hot pad, along with 2 packages of note cards with butterflies. 

I want to say a big thank you :ty :ty :ty  and give hugs :hug  :hug  :hug  to bgs for this great package.

Oh and by the way, she said it was called True Blue Friend.

So here is the package I got yesterday and Thank you again bgs.

post-105-0-89546100-1404839633_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-87828600-1404839649_thumb.jpg  close-ups

I have known and loved Tampa Doll (Mary Jo) for 43 years. She is a born giver, she is happiest when she can give or do for others.  She gets great happiness in this "Giving to Others"  

Over the past 43 years she occasionally comes across other givers, one was me that long time ago and married me. It's probable one of the reasons we have a great long life together. 

Over this time I have seen her encounter other "Givers"  One of them is BGS,and to see her experience this encounter is truly amazing.  Still after all this time, watching her reactions to encountering a "Giver" of equal or exceeding her is awesome.    

Thank you BGS you had her in her crochet corner, sitting quiet for  a while ....lol 

Silly, silly girl thinking I would send mine back.

Last year when Mary Jo said #100 would be coming out this year and wanted someone special to get it I started thinking that Mary Jo should have a bag, after all she is the "Head Bag Lady." I knew blue was her favorite color and I had the tote pattern and my bag to look at. The pocket was going to be a real challenge as I have never done anything like that. There were times I did not think I would ever get it right. I thought I was going to have to try to find someone here that could help me out knowing I could not ask the one person who was good at it and would help in a heartbeat. It just had to have the special pocket. I do not know how she does one of these each month along with all the other things she makes and the daily chores of life. This one took me months. When I finally finished the bag it had to have a name. How does Mary Jo do it? Man this is not easy and she does it every month.

After much thought I named it "True Blue Friend" because Mary Jo is a True Blue Friend not only to me but to countless others at Crochetville. She has shared her life with us through her stories and has invited us into her home through the photos of her trees and tables. She welcomes each new member and remembers each of us on our birthdays. She has been a fairy godmother to so many of us surprising us with packages thoughtfully put together. She somehow knows when one of us is going through a crisis and could use a little pick me up because invariably one of her surprise packages shows up. She is there when we need advice, help, encouragement or consoling be it one one of our projects or a life issue..............a True Blue Friend.

Thank you John I am glad you were there to see her reaction. I am not as skilled or near as fast as Mary Jo so I am always happy if I can figure something out to make for her. You both make a great team as she credits you as the photography and shipping department. You both make this a special place.

I am tearing up! Brenda, what a wonderful thoughtful person YOU are to make the "head bag lady" a very special tote of her own and you couldn't have given the tote a better name. True blue friend says it all about Mary Jo!

Mary Jo---- Welcome to the club!!!!!! :-)

Thank you all.  I am now  :blush .  I just like to see everyone happy.  I know this is a place of giving, heck look at the charity work you all do, even the wish list.

I don't care what anyone says.  To me this is the Happiest Place on Earth.  :manyheart

How wonderful that you thought to bless her with such a truly thoughtful gift!!!! Oh, my....I would have loved to have seen the look on Mary Jo's face!!

Thank you all.  I am now  :blush .  I just like to see everyone happy.  I know this is a place of giving, heck look at the charity work you all do, even the wish list.

I don't care what anyone says.  To me this is the Happiest Place on Earth.  :manyheart

I believe THIS makes ALL of us happy!!!!

I was reading half way through your post mary jo, and I just knew, it was Brenda that did it,  before you even said it further down, she is a very like mary jo person too, so giving and generous, and thoughtful, as her surprises come when most needed as well!! I have been a receiver from both of you and hold testament to your generosity, and giving natures.  so my thanks is to your both, for making this the place to be on the internet!!!!!!! It's simply beuatiful, and you both are special people!!!!!!!

It couldn't have happened to a nicer and sweeter and more considerate person, Mary Jo!  You have brightened many lives with your beautiful bags! 

:clap  :clap      :cheer    :cheer    :hug  :hug   

What a sweet and kind gesture to do that Brenda!  Now Mary Jo knows how it feels when we opened our package and found that beauty waiting for us.  Welcome to the club Mary Jo....it's official! 

Archived