Fairy Tales sampler afghan CAL- CLOSING

darski

Ok folks, we should qualify for the equivalent of combat pay for tucking in all these ends   :devil   :thair   :devil

I hate ends which is why I don't do this many colors very often. But this pattern was too tempting!

We're going to the lake Friday for the weekend. I'm planning on taking this yarn and hope to not have so much company that there's no crocheting time.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate ends which is why I don't do this many colors very often. But this pattern was too tempting!

We're going to the lake Friday for the weekend. I'm planning on taking this yarn and hope to not have so much company that there's no crocheting time.

Yes, I feel the same way about this and as longs as I do every end when it happens it is not so bad :wlol

Have a wonderful time this weekend. How well I remember  pleasant days on Lake Erie.

I haven't had a chance to collect my yarn yet...hopefully tomorrow. I'm thinking bright, kid colors, like the one on the blog...I'll see what I have enough of...

Oh yeah... can't wait to see them.

What a great looking baby blanket! I'm not really up for another project right now, but I will definitely be watching to see what the rest of you come up with.

:gallery

all lurkers are welcome :wlol

I finally decided that I need to organize all these colours and you may want to try something like this.

post-4896-0-25517400-1404398314_thumb.jpg

I have extra colours and will see if I get to them all. :wlol

Weeelllll....I'm thinking of maybe buying new yarn for this!  I sort of looked at my stash and I want to make this for a baby so I'm thinking of making a quick Hobby Lobby trip today and seeing what they have.  I want to do a varigated and then the 6 colors to go with it.  I'm thinking I Love This Yarn because it's soft but may have to see what they have available. 

Wanted to finish that stupid ripple I'm working on first but I didn't make it wide enough and after trying last night to come up with ideas on how to widen it now, I'm about ready to give up.  The only solution I see is starting over and since it's all in single crochet, I really, really don't want to do that!  (((sigh)))

Deb, what about just adding a deep border on each side of the ripple?

That was what I thought but if I do that, there is a huge gap in the corners where it's flat (the added side border) and the ripple of the actual blanket.  Any ideas?  

These are the colors I ended up going with.  Not sure why the purple looks more royal blue in the picture.  I started it last night but only got up to row 7.  Hope to work on it more this weekend.

post-11313-0-12206900-1404523384_thumb.jpg

These are the colors I ended up going with.  Not sure why the purple looks more royal blue in the picture.  I started it last night but only got up to row 7.  Hope to work on it more this weekend.

attachicon.gif003.JPG

I love those. 

I hit a snag in mine as well.  got stopped on the shells row :wlol

That was what I thought but if I do that, there is a huge gap in the corners where it's flat (the added side border) and the ripple of the actual blanket.  Any ideas?  

This is a real challenge with ripples.  Other than several rows of hdc tbl it is hard to know what to do.

I was working on a charity daisy ghan in black and white but my eyes just could not do the BLACK rows so Like an idiot I put together 2 rows of 5 squares *(had 10 made) and I got the skinniest lapghan ever.  I added rows to the sides and tidied the tops but what I now have is an "its very obvious that you just plain screwed up girl so give it up" :rofl

I'm up to row 15 and like the colors!

Deb, have you thought of adding a triangle or small square to the gaps? Like the round ripples where people do that to change the number of peaks....

I really hadn't realized how much sc was involved in this.  I'm going to use dc in those vast expanses of sc.

My colours may not work out quite as well as I thought... need to rethink some of them.

I finally got some crocheting time after the last of the company left this morning. This is the first ten rows.

post-43634-0-41606400-1404668027_thumb.jpg

Now to pack up to go home. Hopefully I'll have some more time to work on it this evening.

I finally got some crocheting time after the last of the company left this morning. This is the first ten rows.

attachicon.gifP7061478.JPG

Now to pack up to go home. Hopefully I'll have some more time to work on it this evening.

I love yours.  Those colours are more in line with the spirit of the pattern. :manyheart

Mona your colors are awesome!  Love it!  Judianne, I think I'm going to try to do the sides again and just add more of the ripple to the ends of the sides, if that makes sense?  Right now I can't even look at the thing without wanting to trash it!  

I'm on row 18 of the Fairy Tales and I'm pretty pleased with the way it's turning out.  I work on it in the evening and then when I go to work on it the next evening, I tuck in my ends from the day before.  I don't want to be overwhelmed at the end by dealing with all those ends! I'll have to post a picture soon.

Archived