Pumpkin Trio

Tampa Doll

I have been trying to get a leg up on the holidays.

I purchased this kit from Mary Maxim a while ago and have decided to finally make it.

The yarn is hand dyed.  Oh and I bought it on sale.

Now I have to be honest.  Even though the yarn is soft, there are some problems with it.  (Or at least the ones I got).  I got 2 skeins, it is thin in some parts and fat in others,  You can not use it to sew your pumpkins together, because it stretches and breaks.  The kit only included 2 skeins of this yarn, no yarn for the stems or the leaves.  Luckily I had some here.They do not guarantee colors as it is hand died and they do not come out the same each time.

Like the said the yarn is soft and the colors are really pretty. 

Here are my pumpkins and I still have a full skein to make 3 more if I want.

post-105-0-26787900-1403959361_thumb.jpg

I had the kit before this one, the colors were slightly different.  It did have the yarn for the leaves and some left over.  I love the feel of the yarn, but for that reason it is rather challenging to work with when making ami projects.  I found it was prone to splitting and in some cases breaking.  I did love the pumpkins and have displayed them for a couple of years now.  However, I think they need a variegated a little more suited to the project.

Very pretty!  I was at JoAnn's today and they have an aisle of their fall decorations out.  I was SO tempted to buy because they have some really, really cute one but I resisted.  I love the fall and the fall colors...that yarn looks amazing!

oh my they are quite lovely, but I am partial to the littel pumpkin  lady with the pumkin hat you sent me a while back, i think she came with my TOTE, me thinks, she is to die for, I love her, and put her to bed till October, when she will awaken all bright eyed, her little pumpkin hat perched precariously on her head after her long nap!!!! I named her, are you ready, Im so creative you know,

her name of course, is Punkin! lol but these are so pretty, I love the yarn you used!!!!!!!

Archived