Need Help on Reading a Diagram

loocahswit

Question

Hi all... i am learning something new in crocheting. I need help on how to read a short instruction from a diagram.

below the pattern there's a phrase that says 12-st repeat and on the left side of it that says 4-row repeat.

Can someone tell me what these phrases mean? Thanks a lot! :)

6 answers to this question

Not sure but it could be that it is 12 stitches for the pattern/design and repeat them across and to repeat 4 rows each time

I don't need the pattern. The pattern repeats every 12 sts and the pattern rows are repeated every 4 rows. It will say something in the beg of the pattern something like multiple of 12 + 3. 12 times how many times you want to rep the patt and the + 3 is for the first st like a dc.

I don't need the pattern. The pattern repeats every 12 sts and the pattern rows are repeated every 4 rows. It will say something in the beg of the pattern something like multiple of 12 + 3. 12 times how many times you want to rep the patt and the + 3 is for the first st like a dc.

Yup.

the + 3 is for the first st like a dc.

Not always.  the turning chain is not really part of the pattern multiple, which is what is repeated to make up the design.   often the "+" number is for some edge stitches. 

Archived