Starts June 21st, 2014 and if you can come by the shop, we will start at1 pm. Spring & summer is here and a nice crocheted shawl for those cool evenings or air condition spaces would be great to have, especially because you made it yourself!

You can choose from two patterns:

V-Stitch & Scallop Shawl: http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LC4100.pdf

Lion Brand free pattern library: http://www.lionbrand.com/printablePatterns/WildFlowerShawl.pdf

Both patterns are intermediate that with help most can do either of these patterns. I made a few changes (of course) when I made my V-stitch & scallop shawl.  I used Bamtastic yarn from Plymouth (a nice bamboo & nylon mix which adds bounce to my shawl) and a "F" hook. It took three balls. This allowed me to shorten the number of rows needed for the body to 54 rows before adding my scallop trim. 

For the Wild Flower Shawl I used Saucon Sock from Kraemer Yarns. It's a cotton, acrylic & nylon sock yarn with about 231 yds per skein. The yarns are available at most local yarn shops.  If needed they are available from my shop @ 856.669.1131. Because there is 430 yds per skein of Saucon Sock yarn I will half the skein for all colors (except black), and half the cost as well.

Edited by cvmoore

This is my first time working with fellow crocheters on a CAL via crochetville. I look forward to the experience.

Carol

• Like 1

I have 6 skeins of Aunt Lydia's size 3 crochet thread, if I get 2 more can I use it, or would you rather we use the other? I have a problem with allergies to certain types of yarn and dyes, so am hesitant to use new brands and I've never used bamboo thread before.

There seems to be many who have signed up and are doing this crochet a long but found it hard to post on this site - sorry about that. I will try to see what I can do to make it easier to post.