i just CAN NOT get crocheting in the round! so dang frustrated

dwiggicb

Question

when I say working in the round...im referring to making things like mandalas where the colors change every row or so...ive searched and searched online tutorials, but none seem to show me what I want.

after I complete 1 round....slip stitch with same color WHERE???  then...to change a color.  start new color with slip knot and start where?? 

do these questions make sense?? its hard to ask crochet questions when what I really really need is a warm body right beside me..then I could get it..

any idea of pointing me in the right direction??

10 answers to this question

slip stitch is almost always done in the top of the turning chain.  To change colors usually it is done by finishing the last stitch's yarn over with the new yarn.  So the last 2 loops pulled through on a double crochet would be with the new color.

Standing stitch:  finish off your old color.  Put the new color on your hook with a slip knot, insert your hook into the piece and continue.  The knot will be at the top of the stitch, versus other ways of changing colors where the color change is at the bottom of the new row of stitches.  The standing stitch method looks a little cleaner where the colors transition.

Archived