Vintage Fan Ripple Afghan

yarnjeannie

I am working on this afghan - not quite finished with it.  I don't know if I am pleased with the order the colors are in.  But, to explain:  It started out to be pink and white.  When I reached what would have been the next pink row, I found a skein of green and thought I'd make it in three colors.  Then I found the purple, then the blue and then the yellow - and this is what I ended up with.  Does it look okay?  It will probably be my grange fair entry this year and then donated to a hospital.  If the majority of viewers don't like the order of the colors used, maybe I can make another for the fair.post-14127-0-18954800-1401850505_thumb.jpgpost-14127-0-09783300-1401850532_thumb.jpg

The pattern is free on  Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vintage-fan-ripple-stitch-pattern

The blanket is almost finished as I have one more white stripe and one more pink stripe to go.  I've been using Caron's One Pound Skeins for this and one skein was way more than enough for this with the exception of the white - I'm on my second one.  I honestly don't remember though if I started it with a full skein of white or not.

I finished it and I have to say the pattern makes the afghan  one of the prettiest I've ever done.  Not patting myself on the back.  It's not your ordinary ripple, it's open and lacy and feminine.  I worked this one in pastels but I'll bet it's gorgeous in jewel tones too.  I have to make another.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's beautiful with the colors, and I would absolutely use it for your entry at the grange fair!

I like the different colors.  This is a pattern I've been looking at to make (amongst a bunch of others) :yes   Did you enjoy making it?  You did a beautiful job.

I did enjoy making this afghan.  The pattern repeats itself so you aren't looking at the written directions all the time.  Once you finish the first 5 rows, you know what you're doing.  I plan on making another.

I love this pattern and have a lot of Caron One Pound I would like to use up. This looks like it could be a great pattern for that. Thanks very much for the link!

very pretty.  Where in Pa are you located?  I am in Warminster, Pa.  I think the Grange fair is in Wrightstown area.  If this where you are going I did not  know that you could enter your afghans. 

That's awesome!  Wish I had enough talent to do that.  People who do all that work amaze me.  I live near Boston Ma, so I don't get to see too many country fairs.  Hubby and I plan on moving more country side, like New Hampshire one day.  I've had enough of this suburb living!

Archived