Laraine

"I Love This Yarn" like or no?

I havent used ILTY but ILT Cotton is Wonderful. I had some sent to me in a swap and I want more lol. it is a 45 minute trip to Hobby Lobby plus my budget doesnt allow for the trip there and the purchase lol

I've heard more than once that their ILTY Cotton is super.  I'll have to try it.  I did buy some ILTY for a future project.  It was on sale for 3.66 but still, after the tax and shipping costs, it was expensive.  I'm willing to pay more when I can afford to buy.  It is 7 ounces of soft goodness.  Red Heart's With Love is similar, but not quite as nice.  Hobby Lobby really should have free shipping days every once in a while.  They would sell tons.

Gay, Impeccable is very nice, but it's only 4 1/2 ounces per skein, where ILTY is 7 oz.  for close to the same price.  I would buy the 12.00 yarns if I could afford them ;)

Thanks Sylvia.  I have bought some, but still working on another afghan.  I'm a slow crocheter and don't have a lot of time to do it. :)  I feel it's better than Red Heart Super Saver, but it's not as soft as Red Heart Soft.  So far of all the yarn I have bought in the past year, I am having fun with Stylecraft Special DK yarn.  Love it.

I have some of the Stylecraft Special DK, and love it too. I've played with it just a bit, but it's on hold for the golden days of retirement, coming soon I hope. In the meanwhile, I'm trying to use up a lot of other stash.

I have quite a bit of ILTY that I have picked up on sale or closeout, and it's nice yarn. It should make a beautiful afghan for you. I've never made anything larger than a baby blanket with it, and it was lovely for that, soft with some very nice pastel colors.

• Like 1

I use I Love This Yarn all the time. Wanting to venture out some tho. Trying to figure out what yarn is good for what projects.

Have you tried a DK weight yarn Iannoe?  It's nice for a change and there are several brands that carry it.    It's an inbetween yarn.  Between worsted and sport.  I made a blanket for my granddaughter and I loved working with it.  It's more time consuming, but I needed a change as well.  My next project is with Lion Brand Heartland yarn.  It's super soft and a dream to work with.  A little more pricey than ILTY, but I always wait for sales!!    

BTW, I did buy some ILTY last year.  I made a baby blanket and have stashed away more colors for future use.  It is very nice.                                             

Michael's has a big sale on loops and thread and free shipping over $50. Hobby Lobby has a sale on I love that cotton (which I DO!) for $2.66. I really like the I love that yarn as well. It's really soft. Red heart love is sort of a comparison to it. 

I'm checking out yarn to do one of those crocodile cardigans that was just posted. ;) lol

• Like 1

I've seen it a bit lower than that on sale. I'm not sure about the shipping, since I mostly buy in-store.

I did end up buying the two, the Dakota varigated, and the Peacock.  In fact, I just started on the blanket yesterday.  You're right, the peacock IS gorgeous!!  I'm making my grandson a c to c with it, so it should work up pretty quickly.  Loving the combination. :) 

I would buy in store as well but the closest one to me is just a bit too far away to make the trip worthwhile.

I personally love it.  There are so many pretty colors and prints to choose from.  It is very soft and easy to work with and very affordable.  It is one of my favorites.