"I Love This Yarn" like or no?

I've heard more than once that their ILTY Cotton is super.  I'll have to try it.  I did buy some ILTY for a future project.  It was on sale for 3.66 but still, after the tax and shipping costs, it was expensive.  I'm willing to pay more when I can afford to buy.  It is 7 ounces of soft goodness.  Red Heart's With Love is similar, but not quite as nice.  Hobby Lobby really should have free shipping days every once in a while.  They would sell tons.

Gay, Impeccable is very nice, but it's only 4 1/2 ounces per skein, where ILTY is 7 oz.  for close to the same price.  I would buy the 12.00 yarns if I could afford them ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sylvia.  I have bought some, but still working on another afghan.  I'm a slow crocheter and don't have a lot of time to do it. :)  I feel it's better than Red Heart Super Saver, but it's not as soft as Red Heart Soft.  So far of all the yarn I have bought in the past year, I am having fun with Stylecraft Special DK yarn.  Love it.

I have some of the Stylecraft Special DK, and love it too. I've played with it just a bit, but it's on hold for the golden days of retirement, coming soon I hope. In the meanwhile, I'm trying to use up a lot of other stash.

I have quite a bit of ILTY that I have picked up on sale or closeout, and it's nice yarn. It should make a beautiful afghan for you. I've never made anything larger than a baby blanket with it, and it was lovely for that, soft with some very nice pastel colors.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Have you tried a DK weight yarn Iannoe?  It's nice for a change and there are several brands that carry it.    It's an inbetween yarn.  Between worsted and sport.  I made a blanket for my granddaughter and I loved working with it.  It's more time consuming, but I needed a change as well.  My next project is with Lion Brand Heartland yarn.  It's super soft and a dream to work with.  A little more pricey than ILTY, but I always wait for sales!!    

BTW, I did buy some ILTY last year.  I made a baby blanket and have stashed away more colors for future use.  It is very nice.                                             

Michael's has a big sale on loops and thread and free shipping over $50. Hobby Lobby has a sale on I love that cotton (which I DO!) for $2.66. I really like the I love that yarn as well. It's really soft. Red heart love is sort of a comparison to it. 

I'm checking out yarn to do one of those crocodile cardigans that was just posted. ;) lol

• Like 1

I've seen it a bit lower than that on sale. I'm not sure about the shipping, since I mostly buy in-store.

I did end up buying the two, the Dakota varigated, and the Peacock.  In fact, I just started on the blanket yesterday.  You're right, the peacock IS gorgeous!!  I'm making my grandson a c to c with it, so it should work up pretty quickly.  Loving the combination. :) 

I would buy in store as well but the closest one to me is just a bit too far away to make the trip worthwhile.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...