"I Love This Yarn" like or no?

Hi all,

I'm new to Crochetville,  so forgive me if I bring up a topic already asked. :waving

Right now I am using DK weight to make an afghan.  For my next project, which will most likely be another afghan, I want to go back to worsted weight.  I have worked with Caron Simply Soft, Lion Brand Heartland, and several other brands in the past.  I was wondering is Hobby Lobby's " I Love This Yarn" is a good choice.  I am not a fan of Red Heart's basic yarn and am hoping to find affordable soft yarn. 

Thank you for any advice.  I will appreciate it. :applause

Laraine

We don't have a local Hobby Lobby so I only get it when I take a trip, order it, or have it sent to me during a swap.  That being said it is one of my favorite worsted weight yarns.  I find it less scratchy than traditional Red Heart and it works well for the types of projects I do.  Since it's not I tend to use the Caron One Pounders and recently have started using some of Michael's brand the name of which escapes me at the moment.  If Hobby Lobby was local I'd use it more often.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1

Thank you Bailey!  The closest Hobby Lobby to me is an hour away, so I would probably shop online when they have a sale.  It looks (online) to be a nice yarn. Appreciate your help.

Hobby Lobby is also a distance from me, so I order it over thru the internet store.

It is a very soft yarn.  I like it better than the Simply Soft.

I think the name of Michaels is Loops and Threads.  That is also soft.

If you ever want a soft, soft cotton ww go to the I Love This Cotton.

• Like 1

Thank you for the info Mary Jo!  Very helpful for me. :)

The last afghan that I made, I decided to use Lily Sugar n Cream.  It came out very nice, but was hard on my hands.  I am definitely going to keep I Love This Cotton on my list for the next cotton project.

I've never tried Loops and Threads from Michaels.  Yet another thing to put on my to do list. :)  My Michaels doesn't carry a lot, but at least I can see the yarn in person, which is helpful.

:day

Thank you Jennifer.  Having never seen it, I have been undecided, but so far, I am getting super opinions.  Knowing it doesn't pill!  Great info. :)  Looks like I will be looking for the next sale of I Love This Yarn.

Thanks cindra!  So happy to see another fan.  I will feel a lot better buying the yarn seeing all these positive comments.  So glad there is a soft cotton yarn as well as the ILTY. 

I've heard that ILTY isn't the way it used to be since they changed suppliers.  I'm hearing that it splits quite a bit, it's not as soft as it used to be and it doesn't hold up as well as it used to.  These women that are posting this aren't going to be using it anymore because it's so different.  ....and this isn't one or two women - it's quite a few.

It's too bad because I used to like it and I still have some of the old stuff in inventory but I won't be buying it anymore.

I've heard that ILTY isn't the way it used to be since they changed suppliers.  I'm hearing that it splits quite a bit, it's not as soft as it used to be and it doesn't hold up as well as it used to.  These women that are posting this aren't going to be using it anymore because it's so different.  ....and this isn't one or two women - it's quite a few.

It's too bad because I used to like it and I still have some of the old stuff in inventory but I won't be buying it anymore.

That is interesting. I bought some not long ago (month or so ago) and it was the same as usual.

• Like 1

That is interesting. I bought some not long ago (month or so ago) and it was the same as usual.

Yep!  I did too.  In fact am making an afghan with it right now.  It's as soft and as beautiful as ever!  

• Like 1

Possibly you got a bad bach Nancy? :think

This could be. 

I made two totes out of PNC stripes, two different colors, both bought direct from the company. 

One I had some yarn left over and the other I had to add 2 rows on each side with white.  Each ball in the one color did not have the amount it was suppose to.

This happens sometimes, so you could of gotten a bad batch of ILTY.

• Like 1

I freaking love 'I Love This Yarn' they have this one combo colour that I am ALWAYS using, it's teal with grey and blue and it's BEAUTIFUL!

• Like 1

I have my eye on one of the varigated and one solid.  I'm thinking Dakota with Peacock.  It's on sale right now for 3.66 but I'm not even close to ready for it!  If I buy any more yarn hubby will move ME out and let the yarn stay.  :2nono:reyes

• Like 1

I have my eye on one of the varigated and one solid.  I'm thinking Dakota with Peacock.  It's on sale right now for 3.66 but I'm not even close to ready for it!  If I buy any more yarn hubby will move ME out and let the yarn stay.  :2nono:reyes

The peacock color is absolutely my favorite!! It's gorgeous!

• Like 1

I'm thinking the peacock with the dakota will have an indian blanket look.  The peacock or the turquoise, with the other colors in Dakota that look like the plains should make a nice combo. :) 

What's the best price anyone has seen for I Love This Yarn?  Is $3.66 the best price, or has it been lower in the past year?  Does Hobby Lobby ever have free shipping with no minimum total?  Jo Annes does every once in a while.  But of course they don't have this yarn :)  I'm always in for the best price I can get!

Thanks!

Thanks Erica :tup   I am hoping for a free shipping day.  My order is going to be kind of expensive and their shipping is high.  The more you spend, the more it costs to ship.  To me, that's not always fair to the consumer. I can understand by weight, but not by price.

• 3 weeks later...

I use to buy I Love this Yarn when it was sold online by Craftsetc (since Hobby Lobby took over, there are no more good sales) for less than $2 a skein. I stocked up on it. There are no Hobby Lobby stores in my area and I will not pay $3.99 a skein. 

Roe