Granny squares Friendship/Comfortghan show and tell!

katyallen815

As suggested, I have dedicated this thread to those of us that past present and future,that will or have  completed, or is working on a ghan, created by gifts of squares from those members in the Granny Squares Friendship/comfortghan thread, located here..

So if you have completed a ghan by generous donations from that thread, please feel free to post your pics here, so we can all get a wonderful look at what we all helped create! You of course, still may post in the granny thread if preferred, we all love eye candy there!!

Also, this is the place to post lay out pics, or afghans that are a work in progress, and feel free to include how many more and of what size you still might need, we'd like to know!! So post away, past members, present members,and future members, something to look forward to,  and let  us see what you have done!!!!!!!!!!

I'll kick it off, with one , the most recent ghan I have completed thanks to the squares our members sent me.....I thinkI have done two, but a third may pop up, can't remember if there was a third. .

This was for me, it was my rainbow ghan,and all squares were sent to me by the kind folks over at Granny Square thread......

Thanks to one and all, and see what a gorgeous job you all helped accomplish!! I think on this one, I simply whip stitched it together!! It resides on the bottom of my bed, for those chilly nights fall and winter!!!   (queen sized, very little hang over),   My preferences were 8 inch, any rainbowish color!     

post-40621-0-30292000-1398962073.jpg

post-40621-0-30292000-1398962073.jpg

I joined the friendshipghan cal when turtlelvr first started it.  I told her I enjoyed making and sending out squares but I did not want  to collect any for myself because I knew I would never get around to putting it together.  Sept. 2010 I received a package in the mail containing a completed friendshipghan in my favorite color---blue.  I was so surprised and touched that they secretly made one for me.  I named it Minnie Pearl because the tags hanging from it reminded me (and turtlelvr's husband) of Minnie Pearl. 

post-11309-0-36192400-1398981022_thumb.jpg

post-11309-0-31810600-1398981297_thumb.jpg

and we're Off! what pretty ghans, love them both!!!!!!!!!!!  I remember doing some for carol, I think, but can't tell you which one, or how many., but bgs, you might have been before I joined! I remember getting a private request for some squares from sue, I think, tht might have been for you on the sly,... but......not sure of that fact.  lol

oooh found another pic, I think this was completed in 2012, thanks to all on the granny thread as well!!! And Bgs two agua and brown squares, were the very first squares I ever received!!! You can see them here in the pic, i think!!  Ihad asked again, for8 inch, any color or pattern....again,this one was whip stitched together ,,and now resides with a dear friend..

post-40621-0-70323100-1398989155_thumb.jpg

Archived