Ch1, sc in last ch-2 sp made & in next sc .....

Suziejohns

Hi. I've been crocheting for the last 2 or 3 years - mostly throws and clothes for my grandchildren and I'm now really enjoying trying thread crochet and I'm teaching myself to crochet doileys. I am working my way through some of Patricia Kristoffersen's 99 Little Doilys & have got stuck on no 96 round 3 (& other rounds as I look ahead). At the end of round 2 you do a sc into the first sc of previous round making a ch-2 sp & then round 3 says -- ch1, sc in last ch-2 sp made and in next sc, sc in next ch-2 sp, ch2, work FPdtr etc etc.

My question is how to sc in the last ch-2 sp made. Does it mean the sp made by the end of round 2? Do I turn the work or do a reverse sc?

I need to work this out as I can see that many patterns have this instruction & I'm having to avoid trying them until I know what to do.

I'd be very grateful if some one can help me. Many thanks.

I don't have this book, but I have encountered doily patterns that have you work 'slightly backwards' at the beginning of the round, this may be the case here.  And, I recently encountered a vintage pattern with a part that I thought had to be a typo, but I followed it, and it made an unexpected and very interesting feature.  I vote for doing what it says and see what happens.

Here is a pic in case anyone is interested - very pretty pattern!  I looked at the projects (sometimes people make notes if there were areas of difficulty) but there was nothing specific mentioned.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/doily-96

When you sc in the first sc you will create a sp to start in, so you will do the sc in that  sp next to your ending sc, and then finish around like it says.

Archived