DesertCrocheter

Scavenger Hunt 2014--We're Hunting!

Ooh, i can't wait to see what your neighbor found at an estate sale! And googling--that's a modern day scavenger hunt right there, lol.

Remember, we have another photo challenge for this holiday weekend: a photo of a flower you see sometime this weekend.

I still have one more thing to find and finishing up a project, then I think I might be done :think

Hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day weekend!!!  

I was surprised when hobby lobby didn't have them, but party stores typically do. ;)

Good to know!! I'll be hitting up Party City then!! 

Ooh, the lilacs are beautiful! I forgot my phone cord, but I'm going to try and upload a photo I took this weekend (because I want to play, too). The local public rose garden was open yesterday, so the dogs and I went for a stroll in there. Usually roses are pretty scarce at this time of the years; they flower in early spring, and then when the heat hits (it's going to 101 degrees today), they slack off a bit. But there were a lot of flowers yesterday, and the fragrance was heavenly.

Lilacs! I miss lilacs. They don't grow out here in the desert. What a lovely photo.

Hope everyone had a relaxing holiday weekend. Memorial Day weekend is usually my unplug weekend, when I only let myself use my cell phone. This year, I grilled pineapple, and it was delicious. My Greek yogurt pie, which the recipe said would set in two hours, was still a sloppy mess ten hours after I stuck it in the refrigerator. So the pineapples saved the dessert. The pie was good, just a sloppy mess.

Edited by DesertCrocheter

Here are my flower pics (couldn't pick just one)

Iris, rhododendrons and  a poppy

post-28494-0-13421200-1401231265_thumb.jpg post-28494-0-83333000-1401231282_thumb.jpg

post-28494-0-09723700-1401231299_thumb.jpg post-28494-0-76868800-1401231313_thumb.jpg

post-28494-0-13421200-1401231265_thumb.jpg

post-28494-0-83333000-1401231282_thumb.jpg

post-28494-0-09723700-1401231299_thumb.jpg

post-28494-0-76868800-1401231313_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Purple irises are my sister's favorite flower. I miss rhododendrons a lot now that I live in the desert. Many of of my mom's neighbors had large bushes that were just so pretty when they flowered. Beautiful photos, becky!

Oh poo :( I forgot to upload my flower picture! 

Becky, your box is sealed & ready to ship Friday or Saturday!! 

• Like 1

My package is here!! :) Ankh did a great job putting it all together and I love it! Here is a list of everything:

2 skeins impeccable yarn in lavender

2 balls of light blue cotton

4 fruit crocheted coasters

1 washcloth

1 crocheted owl magnet

1 package of owl buttons

2 bookmarks

1 star cookie cutter

Fortune cookie fortune

2 brochures- one for the imax theatre and one for the national postal museum

3 swizzle sticks

Pattern for "May flowers hot pad & coaster set"

A recipe for strawberry lemonade

A Chinese coin

Paper fan decoration (clever!)

1 package of black and silver beads

1 package of stamp markers

Bubble wand

Playdough set

My son was excited to see the items for him. He couldn't wait to play with it. LOL Thank you for everything! It's all great. :) Your package will go out by the end of the week.

post-21656-0-65518900-1401848141_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I also received a post card from Ankh today with a recipe for Chesapeake Bay Crab Soup. Thank you so much! I love crab soup... It's been a long time since I've had it so I'll have to get the ingredients soon! :)

Nice! Love the fruit coasters!  And that little owl is adorable!

Great time to remind everyone that we are approaching the mailing deadline for this swap, so if you're still hunting, this weekend is your last chance to get everything you need.

And since Ankh was the first to mail, she wins a prize! After all, what's a scavenger hunt without prizes, right? I brought it to work to mail, and forgot an envelope to mail it in. :reyes  Sheesh!  I'll try to scrounge one up here at work or mail it off tomorrow. She's on vacation so she won't mind, but clearly my mind is going so I'd better get this done while I'm remembering!  :lol 

Punkrockinchick, did Ankh send you a postcard? She's got everything else on the required list, but she may have sent it separately. Just checking, because I'm adding up points for the main prize.

I thought the foreign coin and paper fan might be hard, but Ankh for the win on both these!

BTW, Ankh, if you got a bird photo while on your vacation, post it and I'll count it towards your total. Whee! Look at me breaking the rules!! :lol

• Like 1

Punkrockinchick, did Ankh send you a postcard? She's got everything else on the required list, but she may have sent it separately. Just checking, because I'm adding up points for the main prize.

I thought the foreign coin and paper fan might be hard, but Ankh for the win on both these!

Yup, she sure did send the postcard. :) I got it yesterday... Guess you missed my post. ;)

Surprisingly enough I did we visited the Prague Castle area and In the royal garden there were birds of prey, still not sure why there were birds of prey but there were.post-13132-0-58614400-1402007116_thumb.jpg Cyndi I am glad you got your package and that your son liked his gifts as well. I was started to get worried as I tried tracking the package and kept getting the message that it couldn't be found.

BTW, Ankh, if you got a bird photo while on your vacation, post it and I'll count it towards your total. Whee! Look at me breaking the rules!! :lol

no worries whenever you get it sent out is fine.  We started the last leg of our performance tour today so I wont be back in the states until this weekend anyway. I adapted a pattern slightly that I found on ravelry for the coasters as I wasnt impressed with how they made the rind and white between the sections. The owl was also a ravelry find. I ended up choosing to use dmc floss and not do the stuffing thing.

Nice! Love the fruit coasters!  And that little owl is adorable!

Great time to remind everyone that we are approaching the mailing deadline for this swap, so if you're still hunting, this weekend is your last chance to get everything you need.

And since Ankh was the first to mail, she wins a prize! After all, what's a scavenger hunt without prizes, right? I brought it to work to mail, and forgot an envelope to mail it in. :reyes  Sheesh!  I'll try to scrounge one up here at work or mail it off tomorrow. She's on vacation so she won't mind, but clearly my mind is going so I'd better get this done while I'm remembering!  :lol

Jessicali got yours in the mail too, will email shortly (stupid computer is giving me fits today, grrrrrr)

Sorry I've been MIA a couple of days. My beloved 14.5-year-old dog died yesterday. Although it was not unexpected at that age (his breed usually lives 13 years on average), it's always hard even when you know it's coming.

Can't wait to see another package!

So sorry :(

Dogs are a part of the family, especially having them that long!! We have only had ours 1.5 years & the other for almost 4 years & I can't imagine losing either!! We had a scare with our 1.5 year old over the weekend.

May I ask what breed he was?

Sorry I've been MIA a couple of days. My beloved 14.5-year-old dog died yesterday. Although it was not unexpected at that age (his breed usually lives 13 years on average), it's always hard even when you know it's coming.

So sorry Desertcrocheter, it is hard to lose our pets no matter how long we've had them. I still miss my girls (Blackie, black lab lost her in 2010 and Squeaker, kitty,in 2011, they were both 13 at the end)

Jessicali, Miko was a Samoyed, and you can see photos of him on my blog here (or on my Instagram account, and my IG name is right there on my blog; I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn here), that I posted on his 14th birthday, photos of him in his prime and healthy. As I wrote above, the average lifespan for a Sammy is about 13 years, so he was very, very old (about the equivalent of an 85-year-old human), and he did have some age-related health problems.  He was so old, his teeth had been worn down to nubbins (not that that stopped him from eating; he hoovered down his breakfast Monday, his last meal, as he always had; boy, did he like to eat, his whole life he ate with great gusto).

Becky, you're so right, it's not how many years we've had together but how much of our heart a pet steals.