Apr 2014 CAL: Leigh Mesh Top by Jenny King (official)

Amy

I am waiting to receive a revised pattern from Jenny. Once we get a revised version, I'll make sure it gets sent out to everyone.

In the meantime, as others have mentioned, there are some corrections on the first page of this thread. I can't remember the post # now, but it's somewhere around the 4th or 5th post, I think.

I still haven't completed my garment, so if anybody knows of any corrections I still need to add, please make a new post and let me know. I'll go back and add everything.

I plan on spending today trying to get as much of my garment finished as I can so I can catch up to everyone. Plus, I'd like to wear it when I go to TNNA next week (The National Needlearts Association trade show, where I'll get to see all the newest and greatest stuff on the market!).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy, I think that the only think that is not addressed in your revisions post is this: for the back  Armhole shaping after 27 thru 30 it says in the pattern Row 31 - 45 as Row 2, it should read Rows 31 - 46.

I think everything else has been addressed.

I am waiting to receive a revised pattern from Jenny. Once we get a revised version, I'll make sure it gets sent out to everyone.

In the meantime, as others have mentioned, there are some corrections on the first page of this thread. I can't remember the post # now, but it's somewhere around the 4th or 5th post, I think.

I still haven't completed my garment, so if anybody knows of any corrections I still need to add, please make a new post and let me know. I'll go back and add everything.

I plan on spending today trying to get as much of my garment finished as I can so I can catch up to everyone. Plus, I'd like to wear it when I go to TNNA next week (The National Needlearts Association trade show, where I'll get to see all the newest and greatest stuff on the market!).

Thanks, Amy

That's great news.  I'll be away until May 9th so I'll order my kit when I get back.

My kit arrived yesterday. I am in Australia. I am loving the pattern and I have completed the back and half of the front. It is a long weekend here in Australia so I am hoping to get it finished before Monday. The yarn is lovely to use.

What color did you get? I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project.

Yes, it is. I just got the Emerald today, it is really pretty. My niece asked for one in Emerald.

Darlene, you have several pics posted of the turquoise but they all look different which one comes the closest?  Even on different yarn site color charts they're not the same.  :reyes

Darlene, you have several pics posted of the turquoise but they all look different which one comes the closest?  Even on different yarn site color charts they're not the same.  :reyes

The ones where it is finished and me wearing it. I just finished the fuschia one, I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it.

I have mine almost completed. I just need to do the bottom edging and weave in all my ends. I'm hoping I'll get it done tonight. If not, then definitely tomorrow. :)

I finished my top! I ended up only doing 5 rows on the hem because that ended my 3rd skein of yarn. I'll post pictures as soon as I weave in all my ends.

What size did you make and did you use all the yarn in the kit?  I may need to make it a little larger than 44" and wondering if I needed to order an extra skein of yarn.

I made mediums for the turquoise and the fuschia and the emerald was a large. I used 3 skeins for the mediums and a little over 4 for the large, but I added two rows to the length.

Great job!  Did they release the revised pattern yet? 

Lonnie, if they have I haven't received one yet. I ordered some lilac to make me one and was hoping that I would have the revised pattern by now. I ended up giving the other three away...one to my Mom, one to my niece and one to her daughter. And now a friend wants one too.

I made mediums for the turquoise and the fuschia and the emerald was a large. I used 3 skeins for the mediums and a little over 4 for the large, but I added two rows to the length.

Thanks for the input.  I'm on a budget now and can only do one.  Wanted to order and make sure I have enough and not have to pay for shipping again.  I think one kit will do it.  I had hoped that the revised pattern would have been released by now.  

Thanks for the input.  I'm on a budget now and can only do one.  Wanted to order and make sure I have enough and not have to pay for shipping again.  I think one kit will do it.  I had hoped that the revised pattern would have been released by now.  

Me too, but haven't heard anything from Amy. Was thinking about emailing Jenny myself.

Me too, but haven't heard anything from Amy. Was thinking about emailing Jenny myself.

You could try, I guess.  I had emailed twice about the Amy Cardigan CAL, needed some clarification and NEVER received a reply aside from the obligatory "trouble ticket #".  Let me know, I would like to buy the kit with the revised/corrected pattern.

You could try, I guess.  I had emailed twice about the Amy Cardigan CAL, needed some clarification and NEVER received a reply aside from the obligatory "trouble ticket #".  Let me know, I would like to buy the kit with the revised/corrected pattern.

Ok, I sent both Amy and Mona a note to see if there was a revised pattern, will let you know when and if I hear from either one.

Archived