kimono baby

lhendrix35

Love her!   Where did you find the pattern?  I have a couple little Asian dolls I'd like to dress. 

Thanks for the compliment. I have had her for a long time and originally dressed her in disco satin which faded.  I used the pattern from Nina Jordan's book Homemade Dolls in Foreign Dress.  I used that pattern to crochet her kimono, adding extra inches where needed. I have some souvenier dolls from Japan which I copied for her vest and the band around her chest with the ties.  I crocheted longways (making the chain for length) That makes it more fluid, but it could have been a tad longer.  You should be able to find a kimono pattern or just draw your own altering until you get the right fit..  I had to enlarge the original one I had made to make it fit in crochet.  Good luck!!

Thanks for the compliment. I have had her for a long time and originally dressed her in disco satin which faded.  I used the pattern from Nina Jordan's book Homemade Dolls in Foreign Dress.  I used that pattern to crochet her kimono, adding extra inches where needed. I have some souvenier dolls from Japan which I copied for her vest and the band around her chest with the ties.  I crocheted longways (making the chain for length) That makes it more fluid, but it could have been a tad longer.  You should be able to find a kimono pattern or just draw your own altering until you get the right fit..  I had to enlarge the original one I had made to make it fit in crochet.  Good luck!!

Thank you for your response.  I'll see what I can come up with.  You did a great job on yours. 

Archived