breeze530

Newest pet peeve

I do some shopping on QVC and HSN because I have physical problems that make it hard for me to shop. Once AGAIN today they were advertising a t-shirt top with "crocheted" trim. The designer actually claimed that it was "real" crochet. Actually, it may look a little like crochet, but it's actually just a machine-made lace trim which is pretty, but not crochet. Grrr...

I agree!  Why can't the advertisers who write up the descriptions get it right?!  I was online trying to buy some hooks, and one site (I can't remember which site, but I think it was Red Heart!!!) kept calling them needles, and referring to them as knitting tools!!  DUH!!!

• Like 1

Once I saw in an Avon catalog that a blouse they were selling was called a "crocheted knit top". Well, which is it? I took the page out of the book and took it to my LYS. Everyone got a good laugh.

Once I saw in an Avon catalog that a blouse they were selling was called a "crocheted knit top". Well, which is it? I took the page out of the book and took it to my LYS. Everyone got a good laugh.

A couple of years ago, I bought a set of little Christmas ornaments from Avon that were listed as "knit" sweaters--they were CROCHETED!!!  (I bought them to see if I could figure out the patterns, then never did! :( )