My current pile....

Well, not that I didn't already have enough projects going on with the shawl I'm working on for myself, the scarf for my friend back home, the afghan I am waiting to find the right color to edge and the hats I've been making for hubby, kid and self... the one for myself is not cooperating at all and has been through three incarnations so far, and soon to be a fourth as I'm just not happy with it yet.... :bang

but now my head is filled with thoughts and possibilities for new projects. I made up a plastic bag holder for the lady who runs our base thrift shop, she's been super nice to me over the months I've been going there so I just wanted to do something nice for her.... well when I took it to her she loved it so much, she said to me that if I would make up some things, she'd give me a corner of the shop to sell them in! :woohoo Then she suggested doing the same thing at the other three base thrift shops nearby... ohhhh the possibilities!!!!

Sooooo now I am thinking :thinking1 and trying to come up with some original ideas of things I could make and sell... it'd be a great $ source for new yarns to play with and hubby is all for me doing it. So last night I was up till three AM making up a Granny Square bag holder, which is just for us at home since the squares I used were my practice squares and are all sorts of strange sizes and shapes, took some creative crocheting to get them to all fit together lol. I finished it though! Right now I am making a pouch/case for the keyboard for my Palm Pilot while my brain tries to think of things to sell.

Oh, and I have four more sweaters to frog :frog for the yarn, which the lovely lady at the thrift shop helped me pick out, she's such an :angel !!! And all of that in between cooking, cleaning, dealing with the stubborn fool son of mine and the angry husband (angry with the stubborn fool son) and the cats who want to either steal my yarn or inturrupt the crocheting for petting, oh yeah, and sleeping on occasion... HOW do ya'll manage it all?? lol I already need more :coffee !

Marvie <---- off to try to finish the keyboard pouch while I have a cuppa coffee!

Chelle,

That's a very good idea, I just might do that. Set up a little box for it (crocheted of course heheh)

I think to get started I'll just do a few simple (quick) things like the bag holder, maybe some covered hangers, scrunchies, crocheted towel toppers, scrubbies, hats, and scarves. Just do a couple of weeks of mass crocheting to get some things like that done up, then I could start working on bigger things like shawls and throws and such while I wait for requests.

At the moment I don't have a whole lot of yarn choices, so I'm hoping I can sell a few things quick so I can order lots more. I went on ebay yesterday and put a watch on several boxes of mixed yarns, should be able to get one or two of those. Last week I got the hooks I'd ordered so I now have a cupful of them in a ton of sizes, just need more yarn to go with them :wink

Marvie

Archived