filet crochet program?

Katy Deromie

Hi....not sure about a program, but if there is one I'm sure you'll get an answer in a short time. I follow patterns and sometimes make my own with graph paper. Old school for an old lady...lol!

• Like 1

thank you for replying.  the one from sand castle is the only one I can find. except for the one that is a free download and that one doesn't even have a name or where it comes from. I just wanted to see if anyone had input on it or any others before I just paid 50.00. you know? judy I wish I could do it old school but I wouldn't know where to start.  I just started learning how to crochet in general in sept. and i'm trying to try my hand at different stuff. thank yall for replying back!!  

You might want to look at some books on filet, such as this by B Barnden http://www.amazon.com/Filet-Crochet-Easy---Follow-Collection/dp/0312373740/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1395368430&sr=8-5&keywords=filet+crochet   it includes an alphabet and different small designs.  

Have you done any filet so far?  

filet is beautiful and you can do a lot of things with it.  It does take practice to get all your stitches to line up so the squares are nice and square.  Working with really small thread is somewhat different than working with large yarn, I find i need a lot more tension on thread than i need with yarn.  So anyway, i would suggest that you do some practicing with fine thread and small hooks before you commit to making name doilies.  

• Like 2

The one from Sandcastle is worth EVERY penny!

Not only does it do filet, it also does regular charting and you can customize the height of the stitches.

Out of all the programs that I've tried - I think it's the best one out there and use it exclusively.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

​Please give link to the sandcastle. 

The one from Sandcastle is worth EVERY penny!

Not only does it do filet, it also does regular charting and you can customize the height of the stitches.

Out of all the programs that I've tried - I think it's the best one out there and use it exclusively.

• 3 years later...

I have used the Sandcastle program and loved it. I prefer filet to all other techniques but don't use it as much as I did in the past. I would recommend practice with size 10 or 20 thread and gauge so that when you use the program you will know how to map out your sizing.