Tabitha Bonfonti

Newbie needs help with chevron blanket multiples

Question

Hi All! I'm relatively new to crochet, I taught myself last year, but I recently did a Chevron blanket. Now I am looking to modify that pattern I found online at www.bellusthreads.wordpress.com. It is stating that for chevron it should be multiples off 22 + 1. I THINK I understand that part, but than it says to CH 139, no matter what math I do, I can not make sense of this. If I CH a multiple of 22 and add one, in no combination do I get 139.

Can anyone help break this down for me please?! Thank you!! 

5 answers to this question

After looking at the pattern here I think it actually is multiples of 23 +1 which is 6 multiples +1  = 139. There are 10 SC stitchs, 1 stitch with 3 SC, the 10 more SC stitches and then 2 skip stitches. So I think if I am counting this right it should be 23 +1 multiples. I hope someone else can confirm this.

Hope this helps.

hi Tabitha, welcome to the ville :hook

I agree with Cindy's count.  It should be 23 + 1.   the 22 in the pattern is either a typo, or the blogger did not understand how to communicate the multiple.

here is a description of how to use multiples http://crochet.about.com/od/learnbasics/qt/multiple.htm

Personally i think of the multiple as the number of stitches that actually make up the stitch pattern, not counting the turning chain.  And some patterns include the multiple written that way.  

My Pattern that I have for this blanket calls for a chain in multiples of 25+8 but my pattern is different than this one in the stitch count and edge stitching...if you would like my pattern just let me know and I will write it out for you...