crochetlady2012

How many do you do this?

I am just wondering about something. I would like to know how many of you make center pull yarn balls? I just started last week & it seems to make my crocheting go so much faster.

I make them but I still use the them from the outside.  I hate when you get towards the end and they cave in on you.

I love my center pull yarns.   I do however put it into a bowl so when it collapses it contained. :manyheart 

Always! I do it more to avoid any unwanted headaches of running into knots or any other issues that sometimes hide in the skeins. I much prefer to be able to deal with that stuff before I start a project, so that my flow doesn't get interrupted while I am working. 

• Like 1

I have to have my yarn center pulled.... It drives me crazy otherwise... When the cake gets flimsy I just wind it up again!

• Like 1

As soon as I start using my yarn I roll it into balls and clip on a bobbi pin to hold it til I am ready to crochet

I pull from the center.

I pull from the center on all my skeins. I generally make cakes with the leftover part of a skein, I don't cake a full skein, as winder can only do a few ounces. But I do love my yarn winder, hubby gave it to me for birthday this year. I spent a whole day making cakes......

I pull from the center on all my skeins. I generally make cakes with the leftover part of a skein, I don't cake a full skein, as winder can only do a few ounces. But I do love my yarn winder, hubby gave it to me for birthday this year. I spent a whole day making cakes......

I did the same thing when I first got my yarn winder!  (But those cakes are really hard to spread icing on, aren't they? :P )

Right now I roll any leftover yarn into balls and then put it into a Snapware container so it is contained and doesn't try to escape as I am crocheting with it. I haven't gotten around to getting a yarn winder just yet.

Roe

I have a yarn wonder that I love, but I don't use it with every project. I get excited about using something or getting started and just don't always take the time.

When I'm working with a new skein of yarn I usually pull the end from the center and I don't have to worry about my yarn getting tangled.  But after I've finished my project, I take the extra and run it though my yarn winder.  I can't imaging working any crochet project with out using a center pull.  It just seems to go much smoother.