darski

Finally a Round Ripple - 10 points

I have finally made a round ripple that is large enough to qualify and it doesn't ruffle.  I changed the 12 point  pattern to 10 points which tells you how much extra you get in 12 points.  I still had to avoid increases on every 4th row but it did get there.

I also managed to use a variegated yarn in this one.  I never remembered to use those yarns but I bought these yarns just to have that vari. :manyheart

It is 56" across at points and I used all Worsted weight yarns with a 6.mm hook.

post-4896-0-74296100-1394719916_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-74706300-1394719918_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Well look at that- Gorgeous! You did such a wonderful job on it.

It's beautiful, Darski! :clap   The variegated works so well and the border is really pretty. :yes

:ty

It was fun to do this one.

Very pretty!

can you clarify on the pattern??

can you clarify on the pattern??

I didn't have a pattern.  I just started with a centre that had a multiple of 10 to start with instead of 12.

• Like 1

Beautiful!!!

You know, if you ever need a home for that afghan, there's a cozy spot on my couch. Just saying...  :wink

You know, if you ever need a home for that afghan, there's a cozy spot on my couch. Just saying...  :wink

if you are serious I would be happy to send it to you.  I just like the making but I'm not good a keeping :rofl

PM me if yes.

Lovely! I've made a lot of RRs and I've always thought vari. really makes them.

Lovely! I've made a lot of RRs and I've always thought vari. really makes them.

I absolutely agree with this.  The Vari adds something that just makes it.

Really pretty ghan...Great job...

I am new here and this really intimidates me. I've done 1 project so far and my second is just the same thing but bigger.. :-( I feel like i will never get past a straight double crochet. It's beautiful!

I am new here and this really intimidates me. I've done 1 project so far and my second is just the same thing but bigger.. :-( I feel like i will never get past a straight double crochet. It's beautiful!

:welcome to Crochetville

let me encourage you - you will get better and better as your skills grow.  The 'Ville is a good place to find things you can do and people to encourage you to do them.  This round ripple is really just double crochets organized with increases and decreases.  if you wan to try one look in members for Aggie may and Private message her to request her RR pattern.

I'll go looking to see if I can find her profile for you.

ETA: I found her but she has not been too busy here lately.  it can't hurt to send her a message

http://www.crochetville.com/community/user/700-aggie-may/

Are you familiar with how links and things work here?

Edited by darski

:welcome to Crochetville

let me encourage you - you will get better and better as your skills grow.  The 'Ville is a good place to find things you can do and people to encourage you to do them.  This round ripple is really just double crochets organized with increases and decreases.  if you wan to try one look in members for Aggie may and Private message her to request her RR pattern.

I'll go looking to see if I can find her profile for you.

ETA: I found her but she has not been too busy here lately.  it can't hurt to send her a message

http://www.crochetville.com/community/user/700-aggie-may/

Are you familiar with how links and things work here?

Thank you so much for this response. I'll post my pictures of my very first afghan. In a moment.

Just Stunning! I love it! :cheer

wow, gorgeous, did this pretty ghan find a home yet, if not, there are a couple people here on the ville, collecting ghans for the nicu ward at her local hosp. just saying, it's really pretty, deserves someone to enjoy it. How big is it??

wow, gorgeous, did this pretty ghan find a home yet, if not, there are a couple people here on the ville, collecting ghans for the nicu ward at her local hosp. just saying, it's really pretty, deserves someone to enjoy it. How big is it??

yes it was sent off to the wilds of PA a while back.  it was only 56" across at the points but it was very 'snuggable'. :wlol

• Like 1

So pretty! The colors are so vibrant. I am working on a 12 round ripple in pumpkin and white. I hope it doesn't ruffle. Thanks for sharing your picture and how you adjusted the pattern.