No Knots

snowbear

Question

10 answers to this question

Do you mean the yarn is knotting or you trying to weave in your ends?

If you don't want to knot the ends when you're finishing you can weave in around 6 inches of 'tail' back into your piece. "Three turns makes a stop,"  so weaving back and fourth/up and down, will help lock the ends in place. There are a lot of great YouTube videos on different techniques you can use.

Not sure about knotting yarn, I don't have that issue too often, but making the stitches looser can help. 

I don't know if mine is a good technique, but at the end of my work I leave a long thread and, using an embroidery needle, I pass it through the piece to secure it. That's enough for me.

I hope I help you!

www.universocucali.wordpress.com

I am definitely a knotter and I double knot, leave a tail and then weave that in and out of stitches. So far, never had a problem (until once when I had to fix something I had missed and it took me forever to find my own knot). I know a lot of people don't knot but it is all a matter of personal preference.

I have also entered and won a couple of ribbons and had knotted the pieces. After a while, you learn how to knot where it isn't really seen.

Just my little humble opinion.

LI Roe

If you don't want any knots in your project when it is finished what I finds helps is that you act like you are going to chain in but don't. You just pull the yarn up as far as you want it cut & then hide the end. I hope that this makes sense!

I always knot. One of the things I do is repair knitting and crocheting for others. If people receiving hand

made items do the washer/dryer on or the item unravels for any other reason. If there are knots it isn't

going to happen.

I weave ends in to my work but frequently as they items are used I find the ends just keep popping out.   I have tried using fabric glue, wasn't sure how to do it very well.   I still haven't found a way to weave those ends in and not have them pop back out later on......

the various joins are handy but when you are switching color its very difficult to predict the exact spot you need to do the join.

i am still looking for a way that works and stays in for me....

i also knot, I don't trust the things that I have put time, energy and expense and effort into, NOT to unravel witout them, when piece is washed. there are several good tutorials on your tube on how to SECURLY weave in ends, I would suggest you take a look at those as well.. good luck!

I left one inch ends on my very first afghan.  It fell apart from being used.  Now it's a show piece which really sux cuz my Mom loved it.

I KEEP telling my students in my crochet class that this could happen!  Well, actually, I guess a more accurate description of what I do is preach!!!

Archived