Would like to start a crafting group

harrism

Hi, my name is Mary and I live in Rome Ny…was originally thinking about starting just a crochet group but then got to thinking that maybe it could be a craft group where we would have combined talents in one group…I know that there is an established knitting group and I don’t want to interfere with that group but I would like to at least get some crocheters together…I can host right at my home…I do have a finished basement and we wouldn’t have to find somewhere public…and I am willing to let other crafters use my supplies that I do have and you would be willing to pitch in also….I do have a lot of beading/jewelry materials and 2 sewing machines and I also have some cricut materials…I am thinking that it might be fun to mix it up a little and give each other ideas….what do you think about hosting this type of group…any ideas

I think that's a WONDERFUL idea!  :yay  :yay 

I've been teaching a crochet class at our local Senior Center for almost 5 years, and thank God everyday that He gave me a nudge to do that!  We crochet prayer shawls for our local ministry, make lap afghans for Veteran's hospitals, crochet and knit hats for children's hospitals, plus any personal gifts for someone.  

You could call any center that might be in your city, and see if they would be interested.  Also--some churches, or a local Hospice might be interested in starting a prayer shawl ministry.  The YMCA would be another place to inquire.  Or--if nothing else--put an ad or two in your local newspaper, and make up some posters advertising it to place in your library, and any bulletin board!  We have crocheters and knitters in our group--and have even had several members bringing in their cross stitch and embroidery projects!

If you need any help, please let me know!

Good luck!  I know you'll not regret it!!  ;)

Oh Mary, I wish my sister and I lived closer to you! We both crochet and do other crafts too, but the trip to your place is too long for me. We have also been talking about trying to get some local interest this next summer in a craft group. Best of luck to you ~ it should be a lot of fun!

Archived