Peggy85225

C'ville Tote March 2014

From Mary Jo to you all; here's today's clue:

"This is a cool fact/clue The  story of Norma Rae was the real story of a person from here. I just love the dumb laws in states. Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields. The tote is suppose to be delivered tomorrow.  I hope to give the final clue and it will be a picture clue for the name. Have fun ladies." 

Norma Rae Webster is a minimum-wage worker in a cotton mill that has taken too much of a toll on the health of her family for her to ignore their Dickensian working conditions. After hearing a speech by a New York union organizer, Reuben Warshowsky, Norma Rae decides to join the effort to unionize her shop. This causes conflict at home when Norma Rae's husband, Sonny, says she's not spending enough time in the home.

Despite being pressured by management, when confronted, Norma Rae takes a piece of cardboard, writes the word "UNION" on it, stands on her work table, and slowly turns to show the sign around the room. One by one, the other workers stop their mill machines, and eventually, the entire room becomes silent. After all the machines have been switched off, Norma Rae is taken to jail but is freed by Reuben.

She then decides to talk to her children and tell them the story of her life. After discussing it with Reuben, Sonny tells Norma there's no other woman in his mind and he will always remain with her. Norma Rae then successfully orchestrates an election to unionize the factory, resulting in a victory for the union. Finally, Reuben says goodbye to Norma; despite his being smitten with her throughout the movie, they only shake hands because he knows she is married and loves her husband, and Reuben heads back to New York.

The story is based on Crystal Lee Sutton's life as a textile worker in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, where the battle for the workers union took place against a J.P Stevens Textiles mill. Her actual protest, in the mill, is the scene in the film where she writes the sign "UNION" and stands on her worktable until all machines are silent. Although Sutton was fired from her job, the mill became unionized, and she later went to work as an organizer for the textile union.

I have been to this mill. I actually lived right across from it. This is so neat. Tell Mary Jo how wonderful this is.

Thanks

• Like 1

MaryJo it's not the same without you.  The tote of course is beautiful but I am seeing it has blue where it's suppose to be purple so I bet it will be even pretty in person.  Get back quick.

Let me just say " I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

Thank you all for being so patient.  I got an e-mail this morning from Donna, telling me I am unblocked.  So here I am.

Now for the final clue, as the tote is in state and the PO is still saying it will be delivered today, so we shall see.

FINAL CLUE Oh and this is only 1/2 the name. :devil 

post-105-0-66797200-1393679612_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

great looking tote as usual.  The lucky recipient will be ecstatic.  Nice to see you back online Tampa Doll

OMG !! I am the lucky owner of the tote! You have no idea how excited I am. Thank you Mary Jo I love the tote and will use it everyday. I also love the yarn and stitch markers. Thank you Thank you!!! It came at time that I was feeling a down and you cheered up my day. I was so extremely excited to open the box. I can't say thank you enough.

post-48736-0-42974400-1393688635_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

:welcome to the club, owlvamp!!  Welcome back Mary Jo!!!

I can say I figured it out this time... :yay  ...that doesn't happen very often!!  :rofl

Crocus are some of my favorite springtime flowers... I don't know if my crocus will make it up this year, since we have SO MUCH SNOW :2snow  on the ground... It's hard to say if those poor little things will be able to push up through all that... LOL

Thank you! I will love it forever .

What number is my tote? Will add it to my signature.

Thanks again Mary Jo!

Congrats Owlvamp   and welcome to the club.

Mary Jo it's so good to have you back. 

Congrats and welcome to the club!!! These bags are the greatest!

Mary Jo, quite a few of us have been having problems being locked out and it seems that posting pictures sets it off for some...I hope it doesn't happen to you again.

Thank you! I will love it forever .

What number is my tote? Will add it to my signature.

Thanks again Mary Jo!

Boy you get your mail early.  So glad you like it.  Lucky I got your address before I was blocked.  All is well now.

Your tote is #96.  Can't belive I made that many.

Enjoy it and may it serve you well.

It nice to see Tampadoll back! I knew the state and of course the owl was the clincher-lol.

Congrats, Owlvamp! Another gorgeous tote!