Misty Lucas Cma

FPhtr

10 posts in this topic

I'm doing a pattern that calls for this stitch. It is the lily and cream cupcake dishcloth pattern. It says "Ch1, 1 sc in first 2 sts. FPhtr around next at 3 rows below". This is the 4th row in this section of the project. I know how to do a FP, but the "htr" is throwing me off. Is it supposed to be kind of like a spike stitch?

Interesting, thanks for that link Kathy.  I would have guessed for htr you'd pull thru all the loops at once like a hdc, which sounds like it would end up being a big french knot looking thing.  Instead it's sort of a hybrid - pull thru 2, pull thru 3.  I just checked, htr is slightly taller than EDC.

How could you do a half treble?  That makes no sense to me.  I've done lots of FPhdc but a half treble?

The only time I've ever encountered htr is in patterns written with UK terms. The UK htr is the same as US hdc. 

Michelle- I used this tutorial for a fphtrc on a cowl and it turned out very pretty. It was quite the yarn-hog but that was okay since I used up some stash.

How could you do a half treble?  That makes no sense to me.  I've done lots of FPhdc but a half treble?

Edited by ReniC

I think in using the half treble/triple stitch, we have to be really careful about whether the stitch terminology is US or UK.  the Crochetspot entry I linked http://www.crochetspot.com/american-half-treble-crochet-stitch-htr/  is clearly using US terms.  This involves 2 yarnovers before starting the stitch.  the UK half treble/US half double has only one yarnover.  

Reni, I notice the ehow article ends by saying the stitch abbreviation would be fphdc, so I take it the use of the htr there is actually the UK term (???).  those directions are confusing to me, with first a single yarnover and then within the same st, a double yarnover, which I have not seen before.  Guess I would have to sit down ad do it to "get" it.  

I enjoyed using the stitch and did not consider it a fphdc. In my experience, too many yo's. :)

I think in using the half treble/triple stitch, we have to be really careful about whether the stitch terminology is US or UK.  the Crochetspot entry I linked http://www.crochetspot.com/american-half-treble-crochet-stitch-htr/  is clearly using US terms.  This involves 2 yarnovers before starting the stitch.  the UK half treble/US half double has only one yarnover.  

Reni, I notice the ehow article ends by saying the stitch abbreviation would be fphdc, so I take it the use of the htr there is actually the UK term (???).  those directions are confusing to me, with first a single yarnover and then within the same st, a double yarnover, which I have not seen before.  Guess I would have to sit down ad do it to "get" it.