DesertCrocheter

Amigurumi Swap--Swapping

187 posts in this topic

You know what's coming up? St. Patrick's Day, my name day!   :yes  When I was a child, I'd get a green bowler to wear, a big bar of Cadbury caramel chocolate (my favorite) and money. I have to work on Saturday, so I'm not sure what I can put together on Sunday for the big day, but I must do something. Anyone else have any St. Pat's Day plans?

(It's not a big deal here in the southwest, but I'm from northern NJ, where it was a huge holiday. And no, when your name is Patty, you do not have to wear anything green! :lol)

Edited by DesertCrocheter

I have all my decorations up and sent out the cards to the family.  Mom even sent me covers for the pillows she gave me at Christmas. 

We won't be doing much of anything for St. Patrick's Day.. The boys have school, so they'll have on their green & Rosalie & I will also have green on - just in case we go somewhere & someone decides to try to pinch her Lol. I always try to do green eggs (just scrambled eggs with green food coloring) and some 4 leaf clover green pancakes - Or something fun with green food! 

I almost have the ami done - I also have another thing 100% done to put in the package for my partner! 

My youngest son was invited to a skate party for a friend of his next weekend, and the little boy is into Ninja Turtles, so I am really hoping to be able to make a Ninja Turtle ami in each of the turtles for him!! 

Box didn't work so I'll need to find another one.  Based on where I'm at I think I may actually be able to start my Color swap projects this weekend. 

Ok I thought green begals was bad, but green eggs, don't think so.

Nothing special being done here for ST. Pat's day, unless I go to the store and get some cornbeef for a cornbeef on rye with coleslaw and russian dressing.  Not big on hot cornbeef and cabbage.

Well my two week old grandson, Sebastion, went into the hospital today with what they believe to be meningitis so no time for any special St Patricks Day stuff. I am going to be really busy scrubbing and disinfecting our house before my other grandchildren and children get sick too. :(

As for the ami it has been at a stand still for a couple of days but I am off work now until the 24th so hoping to have lots of crochet time. :)

So sorry to hear about your grandson.  Hope he does better soon and that the other kids don't catch it.

1 person likes this

Oh my, Kraftnkrazy- that's horrible. I remember when my 3 week old wasn't taking her bottle and had such a high fever, she had hives all over her. I rushed her in to the pediatrician and they whisked us into an isolated room, running a bunch of tests. I think they thought she had it too. Thankfully, she had a viral infection so they put her on antibiotics and rectal Tylenol to keep the fever down but it was soooo scary that I can totally relate. It is highly contagious.

My son, Patrick, will be coming up from NJ and he calls St. Patrick's day his 2nd Bday so I do have corned beef for him, but like Tampadoll, I'm not big with cabbage.

Jessicali- I am so excited. That's a lot of work, making all the turtles but your son's friend will be thrilled if you can pull it off.

Anyway, hope everyone has a nice TGIF!:)

1 person likes this

So sorry to hear your grandson is so sick.  I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

Love the turtle idea, but boy what a lot of work.  They are going to have fun.

1 person likes this

Thank you ladies.  It is a very difficult thing to see someone so tiny that you love so very much in pain.  I am hoping we will get some good news soon.  

post-22056-0-97320100-1394811663_thumb.jpgpost-22056-0-38214800-1394811679_thumb.jpg

Oh Christie, prayers and hugs to your and your family and the little guy. He is the best place for people to take care of him.

Jessicali--I love the turtle ami idea--what super fun for those boys!

For St. Pat's, I'll be making colcannon--mashed potatoes with cabbage, two of my favorite things. While I do like corned beef, usually it comes in packages bigger than this one-person household can consume in a reasonable amount of time. Where's the shamrock emoticon? :think

1 person likes this

Ok I thought green begals was bad, but green eggs, don't think so.

Nothing special being done here for ST. Pat's day, unless I go to the store and get some cornbeef for a cornbeef on rye with coleslaw and russian dressing.  Not big on hot cornbeef and cabbage.

YUM, that sandwich sounds good!!!

Well my two week old grandson, Sebastion, went into the hospital today with what they believe to be meningitis so no time for any special St Patricks Day stuff. I am going to be really busy scrubbing and disinfecting our house before my other grandchildren and children get sick too. :(

As for the ami it has been at a stand still for a couple of days but I am off work now until the 24th so hoping to have lots of crochet time. :)

Christie, so sorry to hear about your grandson, saying prayers for him and your family, he such a precious little guy. Hugs

1 person likes this

DH informed me he picked up the last item I needed for the package.  I should be finished crocheting today.  Still need to find a box.  Hopefully we are looking at a Monday or Tuesday mailing date!!! :cheer  :cheer

I am done and so excited to see what my partner thinks.  I learned so much about ami's during this swap.  I'm going to take some pictures and look for a box.  It might even make it in the mail on Monday!!! :cheer  :cheer  :cheer

Camera battery needs charging, so I still need one pic before I can seal the box.  However, I found the box and once the pic is done tomorrow it will be sealed, addressed and on its way come Monday.  I really am excited to see what my partner thinks.

Still working on Becky's Ami but it is coming along nicely and I hope to finish up tonight or tomorrow. I won't be ready to ship until closer to deadline though as I still have a few unrealized ideas for this package including some shopping to do. I am so grateful to have something fun and relaxing to take my mind off of everything that isn't. :-)

I hope your grandson is doing alright, Kraftynkrazy.

Everyone has made so much progress. I actually started another "something" this weekend in the hopes it would quickly come together, but I think I need a few more days before that will be complete. I will be like Bailey- in search of the perfect box soon.

I have a full house this week, and with this being St. Patty's Day, the corned beef will be prepared today, for sure.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you, who celebrate this day!!!! Happy 2nd Birthday to you, Desertcrocheter!- haha.

The post office is still saying that Skoggy's package left Palm Harbor  on the 8th.  So only God and the PO know where it is. :think 

Skoggy if you do not get it by Sunday, give me a shout.

:yay Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. :yay 

MissyAnn your package left today and should be there on Wednesday.  I emailed you and our swap hostess the tracking number.  I am very excited to see what you think. 

The post office is still saying that Skoggy's package left Palm Harbor  on the 8th.  So only God and the PO know where it is. :think 

Skoggy if you do not get it by Sunday, give me a shout.

:yay Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. :yay 

I've been checking the package as well. Can't believe it says that it hasn't landed in the UK! I sincerely hope that it hasn't been mislaid or worse! :( Yours is ready to go, by the way. :yay

Edited by Skoggy

Top o' the morning, everyone!  Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'll be going to a small neighborhood dinner party tonight--corned beef from one neighbor, colcannon from me, and for desert: chocolate silk pie. I know, that's not traditional, but hey, who cares?

Patty

What is chocolate silk pie? Sounds absolutely delicious!

I'm still here.  I apologize for not being on here for a little while.  I've been  extra busy the past couple of weeks and I had a day or 2 where I was not feeling well.  I do have my ami finished for my swap partner along with some other things.  I'm hoping to mail it out in the next day or two.