DesertCrocheter

Amigurumi Swap--Swapping

187 posts in this topic

I started shopping yesterday & even started the Ami!! I'm hoping to have everything done by the 14th so I can ship it off :) 

I have had zero time to crochet the last two days and this morning is looking none to promising as I run babies to dr appointments and the kids to and from work. *sigh* I think I need some me time!

Hope you got a lot done yesterday, Tampadoll.

I think you sent the dreary weather up our way. It's cloudy today but at least no precipitation as of yet.

Mine is coming along and I added some changes that, I think, may have improved the pattern.

Tonight, I will work some more and I did pick up a few goodies for my swap partner.

Don't forget to set the clocks ahead- Sunday. Days are finally starting to get longer!-yay.

Cold, but otherwise a nice morning here.  Getting lots of crocheting done and think this is going well so far.  Waiting for some stuff to come in, but for the most part I'm spending my time crocheting.  I can't wait to see what my partner thinks!!!

Have to do my exercise tape this morning, but then I'm hoping to spend the day with my hooks.  I'm hoping to finish by the beginning of next week so I can start on my color swap crocheting. :yes

Edited by Bailey4

Got lots done yesterday.  Infact, I finished my ami and I am getting it ready to ship.

I think it is cute, I do hope Emma does.  I ended up making it in thread and it is just pocket cute. :devil 

Still miserable here.  Clouds chance of rain and we are going down to the 40's tonight.  I really feel sorry for anyone who is down here for vacation or the winter.

Wait, what? You are changing time this weekend, not in April? I'm so glad I read that. I'd be calling my mom at 8 pm., thinking it was 10 her time, and it would be 11 p.m. and she'd be in bed and cranky at having to answer the phone without this info--thanks.

I'm sorry everyone is having trouble with their amis. Little monsters indeed! :lol

I just got this book from Annie's Attic.  It is all ami's and they help you ifyou are having trouble making them. 

I see so many I want to make, but thought I would share this.  It is a $21.00 book for $9.99.  That is a bargin.

I just got this book from Annie's Attic.  It is all ami's and they help you ifyou are having trouble making them. 

I see so many I want to make, but thought I would share this.  It is a $21.00 book for $9.99.  That is a bargin.

This book looks great.  Will have to add it to my wishlist.  Thanks for sharing.

Skoggy, your package is in the mail.  I sent you and Patty an e-mail with the Tracking number on it.

When you get it, stand back, it may jump out at you. :rofl 

1 person likes this

Skoggy, your package is in the mail.  I sent you and Patty an e-mail with the Tracking number on it.

When you get it, stand back, it may jump out at you. :rofl 

Wow!!!  Sounds like a fun package!  I can't wait to see pictures!  :)

So many ideas and so little time...  

This pattern has been kicking my butt since day one.  I am going to give it one more try this evening (starting all over and rewriting much of it) and if it doesn't work out this time I will move on to my second choice.  *sigh*

Finally finally finally!!! Turns out the problem wasn't the pattern. It was me. After all this time I've finally got the head done. On we go!

Finally finally finally!!! Turns out the problem wasn't the pattern. It was me. After all this time I've finally got the head done. On we go!

That is great.  Glad you got the head done.  I can now be the cheerleader for you all.

1 person likes this

Yeah.  It is so frustrating when it isn't working and such a relief when it turns the corner.  I'm going a little wild on this, but I am having such a good time.   My deadline to finish is next week, so I can focus on the color swap crocheting.  However, until then I'm having so much fun!!!!  I've been making ami's for a while, but I found so many new (as in new to me) and cool ways to do things exploring patterns this time around.

Edited by Bailey4
1 person likes this

Yep! It was very frustrating but now it is just coming together super fast. Almost ready to start putting the pieces together now! :)

1 person likes this

Okay.  I decided to change patterns since I was having a lot of trouble with it. But good news.  Since I switched I got the body, arms, legs and 1 ear done today.  Yeah! 

:yay  :clap Keep it up girls and soon we will see pictures. :yay  :clap   Forgot to get a picture of mine, before I boxed it up.  Hopefully Skoggy will get one for me.

I can't wait to see what Amis everyone came up with.

I had a horrible headache all weekend so I was unable to do much his weekend, let alone crochet. I pulled out some yarn and did some knitting because for some reason the repetition of knitting tends to sooth my head when my headaches are bad.

At least my headache is more bearable today so it's off to another week.

Yea, the first ami is winging its way over the Atlantic! Hearing about everyone elses issues certainly make me feel less incompetent about the times I have tried to make an ami and failed miserably. Not that that probably makes any of you feel better, but... :P

What a great book/resource, MaryJo. Thanks for linking it.

Can't wait Tampa Doll! Thank you so much! x Yours is nearly done :hug

Well, I didn't get a darn thing done this weekend, my daughter and her friend came down from Seattle for the weekend, so got some much needed mommy/daughter time ;) (I did play with the eyes on the ami and not going to be as hard as I thought they would be, YAY)

1 person likes this

Hey everybody how are the ami's coming?  Thought I would check in and see what is what.

Chilly down here, so I am sitting with sweatpants and long sleeve shirt.  How are you all doing?  I see a new storm is heading to the east coast.

Try and keep warm and safe everyone.

My goal is to be done by this weekend and ship next week.  I think my crochet goal is doable and DH has promised to pick up the one item I need when he goes out this weekend.  Now I just need to find a box. :lol