DesertCrocheter

Amigurumi Swap--Swapping

I have my pattern picked out for Emma.  Now to get every color available to make it. :devil   There are so many patterns out there, it is hard to decide.

I have my pattern picked out for Emma.  Now to get every color available to make it. :devil   There are so many patterns out there, it is hard to decide.

Haha Tell me about it! Having problems picking one for you! :D But I do have a short-list now so getting close to making a decision :D

Edited by Skoggy

The problem is I want to make everything I see but then I get so caught up in looking at patterns I can't take the time to pick up a hook!

I found the pattern in my collection.  I was excited as I had looked online and didn't see what I wanted.  I promised myself I'd finish the doll dress I'm working on before starting the ami.  After yesterday's push I just have buttons and one more accessory to finish.  In the past when I've stopped it is so hard to get the item finished later.  I'm so close I just want to get it done.

I believe I have all the yarn on hand so that is a plus.  I should be getting a start this week.

Love the awesome pattern links, Kraftynkrazy!

MissyAnn>   I'm new to the AMI world.  I've been checking  out patterns and I'm getting confused.  How big are amis?  I've seen them small (which is what I thought Amis were) but some are 12-18 inches tall.  Isn't that too big?  Thanks for the help.

Some patterns don't specify how big they work up, so that can be frustrating. 

The pattern I finally selected is in that category.  I'm not sure how tall it will be, but hope my partner won't mind if it isn't as big as she would like.  

I'm thinking there's plenty of time, but time seems to slip by so quickly that I did start mine a little while ago.  I'm not sure I'm happy with the pattern but I think I need to give it a chance.

• Like 1

I have ripped out my first attempt, as I did not like the size.  I am now going from ww to size 10 thread.  Hope this works.

Great list, Christie! I love the dachshund, but got to admit, the clown is a little scary to me. I don't like clowns. The poodle is amazing, what a lot of work.

The few amis I've done all looked fairly small in the photos, but mine came out much bigger, so I thought it was me and my not being adept at this kind of crochet, which was one reason I didn't sign up for this swap. But maybe it wasn't me after all.

patty

Ahhhh finally found the perfect pattern and YAY I already had the needed yarn! I can't wait to get started! As soon as I get back home from my sons doctor appointment

Patty I almost always make my Amis much larger than they are actually supposed to be. I don't know why it works out that way but it just does. Personally I like them in all sizes so it is good either way. :)

I have some patterns for really tiny ones and some that are 18" and bigger.  It really depends on the designer.  I also find the yarn makes a difference.  I'm using two different brands of worsted 4 on the ami I'm working on now and you can see the difference in the sections between the two.  Thankfully for my purposes it is OK, but if it will change the size of the ami when I finish it.

I feel better knowing I'm not alone with pattern issues.

I finally got a part done last night, but the decreases in the pattern were all off in which the shape was distorted improperly, and I started reworking it to get it to fall properly. Then I realized how silly I am to redo it when 74 other people did this pattern and no one realized or cared about this. So I scrapped reworking it, and I finished it the way it is.

Now with the next part, I am definitely going to tweak in a way that I think would make it look better. I'll be working on this part tonight and hopefully get most of this part done. Hopefully my partner won't mind.

I got to pick up more yarn tomorrow when I'm out doing errands so I better make a list of everything I need.

If my partner sees this, I am fine with any size ami that she feels comfortable with making. Giving the limited time she has, I don't mind a small one at all.:)

OH HOW FRUSTRATING!!!  I chose a pattern that I am just crazy about and I am almost done with the head, but I have already found numerous errors in the pattern and it is driving me crazy!!!  I don't mind tweaking the pattern, but I hate it when I don't find the error until it is too late and then I have to go and rip a huge portion of the thing out.   :bang

Oh I am so happy to see this.  Not that I want anyone to have trouble, but I thought it was me.  Lately I have had to rip out a pattern because I thought I did something wrong, but when I did it again, it cam out the same.

The count always seems to be off.  I do make notes on the pattern to help the next time.

I am using thread on my ami, as I felt it was to big and did not look right.  I just have a couple things to finish and it is done.

I am having a heck of a time with the pattern I chose.  I have ripped out the head 7 times and now I am rewriting it to HOPEFULLY make it work.  :(

I'm glad I'm not alone in having issues.  :)   Let's hope that we can work out all our tweeks quickly.

Well, so far, I'm doing okay on mine, had to rip out some just because of my boo boo, but other wise it's going good. Body is done, working on the head now. Next few rows are going to be kinda fussy so we'll see how that goes, then the eyes (thats what kinda scares me).  The appendages should go pretty easy and quick (but maybe I shouldn't say that until I get there, hope I didn't jinx myself, lol) .  :) 

That's why I use the safety eyes. :lol

Well, so far, I'm doing okay on mine, had to rip out some just because of my boo boo, but other wise it's going good. Body is done, working on the head now. Next few rows are going to be kinda fussy so we'll see how that goes, then the eyes (thats what kinda scares me).  The appendages should go pretty easy and quick (but maybe I shouldn't say that until I get there, hope I didn't jinx myself, lol) .  :) 

That's why I use the safety eyes. :lol

I normally would to, but they won't work for this pattern ,but it is so cute :P , I have to try ;)

• Like 1

Good Morning everyone.  Today is going to be a day of thunder, lightning and rain.  Great day for crocheting.  Infact, we are told it will be like this for 2 days.  Boy will I get a lot done.

Walked on treadmill, answered my e-mails and checked around C'ville, so it is off to work on my ami.

Happy Hooking everyone.