Amy

Mar 2014 CAL: Clarice Top by Kim Guzman CAL (official)

Yes, I think I have finally solved my problem. I am from "old school" an we were always just told to , chain two and third chain from hook start HDC. So sorry to not understand. I did learn something from the video!!! I never knew you could start without a chain!

Thank you! Your so helpful!

It's a VERY old school technique that has been developed further in the past five years. So, it's pretty new to a lot of people. :)

I am using Vanna's Glamour and this is what I have so far, hope it's right. I had a little trouble understanding how to do the front joining.

post-68557-0-25483400-1394220060_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I have received my thread kit, but not the pattern. Where can I get the pattern?

Please check your email, including your spam folder. Creative Yarn Source emails it directly to you.

I am using Vanna's Glamour and this is what I have so far, hope it's right. I had a little trouble understanding how to do the front joining.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140307_125644.jpg

Looks great to me! Have you tried it on to check the fit?

Looks great to me! Have you tried it on to check the fit?

Thanks.

It's not for me. I know it won't fit me, but it's for my granddaughter and I think it will fit her. She's tiny! Plus this yatn is real stretchy, almost like elastic. The yoke measured to gauge, that's why I decided to use it. Every type of thread I got was too small.

• Like 2

This isn't the most current photo. I am actually on about round 15 of the pineapple option of the skirting.

This isn't the most current photo. I am actually on about round 15 of the pineapple option of the skirting.

It goes unexpectedly quickly, doesn't it? :)

The photo isn't showing up for me.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140307_125644.jpg

Have been waiting for someone to post pictures!!! So what size yarn are you using?

I'm on the PC now; the picture would not upload from my phone to here.

I am on Round 12 of the skirting.     :)

post-53170-0-14868400-1394248852_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I'm on the PC now; the picture would not upload from my phone to here.

I am on Round 12 of the skirting.     :)

Looks great to me.

Have been waiting for someone to post pictures!!! So what size yarn are you using?

It is classifed as size 2, fine. I got it to do the Amy cardi but it was too fine for that, didn't work up tp gauge, so thought I'd try it on this pattern, and it's working.

It is classifed as size 2, fine. I got it to do the Amy cardi but it was too fine for that, didn't work up tp gauge, so thought I'd try it on this pattern, and it's working.

What serendipity! :)

I just haven't been able to start this yet, although I do have to soon as it's a birthday gift.  My question is, how long Will the discussions be open?  I'm not sure when the CAL end s.  But is it still available after that?

I just haven't been able to start this yet, although I do have to soon as it's a birthday gift.  My question is, how long Will the discussions be open?  I'm not sure when the CAL end s.  But is it still available after that?

All forum posts remain on Crochetville. It's not like the classes, which are removed after the class.

I am coming along fine with the project.  I am new to crocheting with thread, so I wonder if anyone can tell me whether or not it is advisable to use acrylic thread?  I am using the thread recommended for this project, but I saw a color I just love for sale in the acrylic.  Would not like to get a negative surprise though, so thought I'd ask the group.  Thanks for any answer!

I am coming along fine with the project.  I am new to crocheting with thread, so I wonder if anyone can tell me whether or not it is advisable to use acrylic thread?  I am using the thread recommended for this project, but I saw a color I just love for sale in the acrylic.  Would not like to get a negative surprise though, so thought I'd ask the group.  Thanks for any answer!

The thread that I am using is classified as 96% acrylic, and 4% metallic polyester and it is working just fine. So I think you would be able to use what you saw.

I almost forgot about this crochet a long.  My internet was down for a week, and it slipped my mind.  I have the thread and the pattern, will have to get the two of them together tomorrow!

I finished my Clarice Baby Doll Top today!    Yipee!!    :clap

I finished mine last night too. Have had it hanging up overnite haven't looked at it yet this a.m. Love yours. Great job.

• Like 1

I had mine hanging overnight too but I haven't looked at it this morning either. Gonna take a peek soon. :)

• Like 2

have not worked on mine in a week, Maybe today sometime.  I have a very nice button for it though!