Mar 2014 CAL: Clarice Top by Kim Guzman CAL (official)

Amy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you're allergic to something, you smell it differently. I think it's the body's attempt to protect itself. I'm that way with cilantro.

I have noticed that too, Kim. I got some crochet thread and I am going to see if I get gauge with it for the project, it is a size 5 so should work.

I just ordered  my yarn and pattern. I will start it when it gets here. Kim can tell you what color I got..hehehe

Yes, I am a little slow to get started. But at least I don't make people stand around waiting for me to be the last one off a plane. ;)

I just ordered  my yarn and pattern. I will start it when it gets here. Kim can tell you what color I got..hehehe

Yes, I am a little slow to get started. But at least I don't make people stand around waiting for me to be the last one off a plane. ;)

Silly. I was the last one off the plane because Christian was visiting with the pilot in the cockpit and getting his photo taken in the co-pilot's seat. LOL

Got my thread, got my pattern. Now I got a question.

I'm following directions for 3X.

Chained on 67. Started hdc in 3rd chain from hook. After doing a hdc in each remaining chain, I end up with 65 hdc's, not 66.

Where could I have lost a stitch?

It looks like you may not have counted your first chain 2 as the first half double. 67 chains, minus 2, leaves you with 65 chains for half doubles, then add one for the beginning chain-2 that you skipped. This is defined in row 2 where you will find the first instance of stitch count.

I hope I am not duplicating a previous post, but once we have the chest measurement, do we use the pattern for that exact measurement, or do we add inches so the top will go on over other garments?  Thanks for any help.

If you want to fit a chest measurement of up to 32", you make the size small. If you want to fit a chest measurement of up to 36", make the size medium. There is already built-in ease for these sizes when worn over a light top. If you want it to go over a heavy top, you may have to consider going up a size.

Happy crocheting everyone!!!! I'm going with red!! Can't wait to get started but, I have to finish the helmet liner for my son who is being deployed to Afghanistan first.

Kim. I need a suggestion. My bust size falls smack dab between a large and an xlarge. What do you suggest ? I don't like tight fitting cloths. Do you think there is enough ease to accommodate? Thanks

I have a question about using this size thread.  I am just about to join my next ball.  What is the best method for joining in the new thread?

Thanks,

Jeanne

I usually complete one stitch with the new ball of yarn and leave the strands hanging there until the garment is finished. When working on garments, I never, ever weave in ends until it's finished because I may need to tweak some areas for a better fit. With most garments, I will try to do the yarn change at the beginning or ending of a row because I can hide the end in the seam. But, with an in-the-round garment, this isn't really possible.

Kim. I need a suggestion. My bust size falls smack dab between a large and an xlarge. What do you suggest ? I don't like tight fitting cloths. Do you think there is enough ease to accommodate? Thanks

I would make the X-Large. I'd rather my top be a little big than too tight.

Archived