2 Afghans Completed

ReniC

The first, a Round Ripple was for the youngest DD's Christmas gift. She loves it!

All 78" wide, made from my stash with different WW acrylics, mostly RHSS. Pattern was a combo of 3 Round Ripples, this one in double crochet.

The second for my oldest DD is a Corner to Corner pattern. 48" x 60". LB-Vanna's Choice and RHSS combined from my stash again. The colors match her room size area rug in her living room. She too loves it! Aren't I blessed to have grown kids that love my arts and crafts?

post-17452-0-73482400-1391633233_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-89452800-1391633344_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-73482400-1391633233_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-89452800-1391633344_thumb.jpg

They are both just gorgeous!  Your way with colors is astounding!  I could never do that without a pattern telling me to change the color to this or that!  :)  You always do such wonderful work and these are certainly no exception.

Thank you all for such kind compliments.

Deb- Even after all the years of art classes/training, I still refer to my trusty little color wheels. The R-Ripple was based on the rainbow.

I'm making a throw of squares right now and it's driving me bonkers trying to figure out the color layout. It's only 2 shades of grey and a white too. Guess I'm better with several colors. Go figure. LOL

They are both just gorgeous!  Your way with colors is astounding!  I could never do that without a pattern telling me to change the color to this or that!  :)  You always do such wonderful work and these are certainly no exception.

Both your afghans are beautiful love your round ripple afghan that is stunning love the color pattern you used.I do the same thing take the best  round ripples to make mine too. I think it is wonderful your kids love your talent to make beautiful things.

Thank you for your compliments. I am truly blessed that my kids and grandkids enjoy whatever I make them no matter what. The Ripple was fun to make because of the colors and since I hadn't made one in quite some time. The colors were easy only because of the rainbow. I did have a problem sometimes with attention span after the initial center since the rest was all double crochet. But, it paid off in the end since the daughter and family love it.

Both your afghans are beautiful love your round ripple afghan that is stunning love the color pattern you used.I do the same thing take the best round ripples to make mine too. I think it is wonderful your kids love your talent to make beautiful things.

Archived