Comfortghan Request - Aunt diagnosed with breast cancer (CLOSED)

Celestial Seasonings

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than okay; I really appreciate it! They'll be here in no time anyways ;)

Five more squares arrived today -- major thanks to Megan and Donna. . . I have a list of people who wanted to contribute, but I can't seem to figure out your username, Megan! PM me so I can send a proper thanks! --Donna, I think I got these three flower ones from you. . . white borders? They're beautiful, thank you!!!

A beautiful square also arrived from Amy (hooker) over the weekend. Thanks again!

The squares that have arrived thus far are gorgeous. Even better than I imagined, and I dream big!:manyheart

My Aunt is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning, and we're very hopeful that all will go well, and the surgeons won't have to remove the entire breast. Afterwards she will have chemo and radiation to go through, but she and my family are very optimistic -- she's a fighter ;)

Thank you to those that have sent squares already. I have slowly begun to assemble the afghan, but am waiting for more squares to arrive to make final placement decisions. :manyheart

hi i have finished one and am working on the other ones tonight. i hope to finish them by tomorrow so i can send them to you. otherwise will be monday i am afraid, i am so sorry it has taken me so long. been doing alot and need a vacation, but will get those to you soon thanks for your patience. huggggs

hi, just a quick note to tell you got them in the mail today. so the mail guy says if i wanted to pay 14.00 i could get them there tomorrow:eek :eek i said how much for 3 day he says 1.75 i think it was:P so you are getting it on monday or whenever they bring it to you:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I have a list of people who wanted to contribute, but I can't seem to figure out your username, Megan! PM me so I can send a proper thanks!

Awww, I'm glad I could help; my user name is, unoriginally, megan, but this is proper enough thanks for me, don't worry! I can't wait to see a pic of the afghan once it's finished!

your welcome celeste, i am also praying for your auntie. i know how you must feel as my beloved auntie also was just treated for breast cancer, and then after she had the radiation after the lumpectomy, her daughter was taking her to the ocean beach to stay for a few days as a special healing time, and they were hit head on by a drunk driver who of course recieved no injurys, but auntie and cousin are still suffering. i saw them today in fact. so i will pray that your auntie has healing and comfort knowing that others care about her and what has happened to her:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Julie, your squares got here today, and they're beautiful! Where did you find this pattern!? I really love the shade of pink you made them in. Thank you so much!:hug

You're welcome Celeste! It's the Dream Catcher square, I've not done that one before but it seemed nice and flowery. I'm glad you like it. :U

Archived