Comfortghan Request - Aunt diagnosed with breast cancer (CLOSED)

Celestial Seasonings

I was working on a square for another comfortghan today when my mother called to tell me that her sister has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. She lives in Minnesota, where it's just starting to get cold outside, and I immediately thought to make her an afghan. I'm hoping for 12" squares in springtime, cheerful colors -- pinks, purples, greens, yellows, and whites if possible, and with any sort of flower motif (she loves them). Your crocheting and well-wishes are greatly appreciated!

Don't worry about edging them; I'll take care of it! I'd like to have them collected and together in time for the holidays.

Please PM me for my address if you can help. I'd like to collect at least 12-16 squares. :manyheart

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put me down for one, sending you a PM, and I'll see how long it takes me to do the one before I commit to the second. Do you have any yarn preferences besides color?

I'll make a square or 2 for your Aunt's comfortghan. Pastel colors, RH preferrably, 12 inch squares. Edging or not? Any color preference? I know I have several different pastels. PM me your shipping address and a deadline or approximate deadline.

you can put me down for 3 of them. 12 in squares bright happy colors, please pm me with your addy and when you would like them. i am sorry to hear about your aunt, will keep her in my prayers. take care hon:hug :hug :hug

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, Celeste. I hope everything turns out alright. Please put me down for 2 12" squares. PM me your address and I'll get them out to you as soon as I can. :hug

Thank you for the great response, ladies! This is turning into a beautiful blanket, and I really appreciate the support! I'd still like to collect more squares if anyone else can contribute. I know this will mean a lot to my Aunt Tina :manyheart

I just made a square today that is pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. I would love to send it your way. PM me your addy and I will block it and send it tomorrow.

Prayers for you and your Aunt.

Lynda in New Hampshire

Archived