decreasing a top

DolceRubie

Question

The stitch pattern is 2dcs chain two 2dcs in the same chain space,skip two chains and repeat.when I reach the beginning I slip stitch to join..I'm on row 16,using crochet hook 7 4.5mm

3 answers to this question

My best guess is to add 2 DC in the ch2 space, ch 2, then 2DC in the next. That will eliminate one of the ch2 spaces from the previous row and make the row smaller.  

I think it depends on what exactly you are trying to do.  

I see you have another post,

"Hi this top I'm working on is two dcs chain two then 2dcs in the same chainspace.. my top is under the bustline.. should I decrease using three dcs per chain stitch for four rows or something else? .. this ribbon is (filant g,r,I,f,)Type 55% cotton 45% nylon. 

I'm on row 16 ..I'm a petite person 5*2ft..I don't want this top to be to fitted..
* this is my own verison of a pattern seen in I love to crochet magazine ,blackberry lace pattern, its v stitch, dc chain one dc, skip two chains.. 

I'm using 7 m hook.."

So are you doing the equivalent of a bust dart, to bring in the fabric under the bust?  How fitted do you want it to be---that is, how much difference between the fullest part of the bust and the underbust measurement?  

Archived