Amy

The Athlete's Lounge

I'm in the same boat...Just do what you can as you can...It's all for fun anyway...HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS......Is the trip a pleasure trip?...

Yes. We went to visit my husband's side of the family, especially his grandma so she could see her two great-grand babies. She's not doing too well with everything so we want to try and have them meet her at least once, even if they won't really remember. I did absolutely NO crocheting though. We were constantly on the move so all I still have done are a few rows of the throw. The one day I decided to stay in while they went out again, I pretty much read and then passed out throughout the day. Traveling with a 2 year old and a 3 month old is exhausting!

Okaaaayyyy...

I have the back panel/straps done and the front straps are officially connected to the back straps.  I slipped it on, just for fun, and the back of it reaches below my knees.  Did I mention this thing is HUGE?  :rofl

I just have the final round of a border to do, and attach buttons...

It was fun to make, anyway, and maybe I can figure out something to do with it since it appears to be way too big to actually be worn.  Unless any of you know someone who is approximately 7 feet tall and loves the hippie look... 

Okay... time for final photos and your laugh of the day... 

These first two photos are where I was progress-wise when I *thought* I had to be done.  I ended up getting all of the rounds done, and most of the back panel finished before the actual cut-off time...

post-25611-0-60219500-1393276136_thumb.jpg

post-25611-0-28365200-1393276147_thumb.jpg this one you can see where I was finishing the final three rows at the same time.  Kept it interesting, that's for sure!  :lol

...and here is my beautiful daughter modeling "her" vest.  Obviously, it's way too big for her.  Which is why I didn't include her face; she's a little embarrassed by how big it turned out.  I promised no one would be able to identify her in the pictures.  :rofl

post-25611-0-47905600-1393276172_thumb.jpg

the back (notice how it nearly reaches the floor)

post-25611-0-15136600-1393276206_thumb.jpg

the front (at least the top half of the front ~ I only put 5 buttons on it)

post-25611-0-72958500-1393276188_thumb.jpg

and the bottom half of the front...

I think it's pretty, and would be great for someone much taller than us girls here.  :wink  I also have no idea how heavy it will feel after wearing it for a while... 

Ah, well - my husband said, "At least you have a lot of yarn usage - won't that help your score?" (referring to the Stashbusting CAL)  ...he's thoughtful, in't he?  LOL  I mean, sure - I had some yarn usage.  Only 5 points that are "countable" though.  And now I have this big ol' vest thingy that will probably not get much (if any) use.  It's rather hilarious.  

Enjoy!  Oh, and you're welcome for your chuckle of the day.  Now you know you're not alone in your "What was I thinking when I made that?" club... 

I think the vest looks fantastic! Super long sweaters come and go into fashion from time to time. I remember not too many years ago (ok, it might have been around a decade ago, give or take a couple years) I had a couple super long knitted sweaters. Not sure what happened to them now that I think of it - I know I didn't intentionally get rid of them, I loved them! I'm wondering if someone else in the household accidentally included them in a goodwill donation. Oh well... But, I'd totally make it work if it were me. It's a "trench vest" - the latest fashion trend! One must be bold and daring - trends get started with one person being confident enough to rock something unusual! Or maybe crazy enough. Perhaps a nice blend of crazy and confident!  :tup

• Like 1

I think the vest looks fantastic! Super long sweaters come and go into fashion from time to time. I remember not too many years ago (ok, it might have been around a decade ago, give or take a couple years) I had a couple super long knitted sweaters. Not sure what happened to them now that I think of it - I know I didn't intentionally get rid of them, I loved them! I'm wondering if someone else in the household accidentally included them in a goodwill donation. Oh well... But, I'd totally make it work if it were me. It's a "trench vest" - the latest fashion trend! One must be bold and daring - trends get started with one person being confident enough to rock something unusual! Or maybe crazy enough. Perhaps a nice blend of crazy and confident!  :tup

LOL - Thank you!  I love that "trench vest" term - I think you've coined a new catch phrase!  LOL  I agree, if someone has the crazy confidence to step out in something truly LIVELY it could easily catch on.  If I were just a bit smaller in the middle I'd wear it; maybe after a few of these pounds disappear.  :wink

I appreciate your comments!!  :hug

Everyone's projects look so good!! I barely got out of the starting gate this year. Ugh! I got the bodies of the slippers done and that was it and didn't even start on the cowl. Guess I bit off more than I could chew. But on the bright side, the time I did not spend on my projects was spent in lovely company with my DH. Sometimes it's nice to slow down and make sure we aren't taking each other for granted. <3

Well done everyone!!

• Like 1

Everyone's projects look so good!! I barely got out of the starting gate this year. Ugh! I got the bodies of the slippers done and that was it and didn't even start on the cowl. Guess I bit off more than I could chew. But on the bright side, the time I did not spend on my projects was spent in lovely company with my DH. Sometimes it's nice to slow down and make sure we aren't taking each other for granted. <3

Well done everyone!!

So True!  And sometimes it's hardest not to take the ones we care about the most for granted... :hug

The projects all look fabulous! The timing just didn't work for me. After I finished that baby blanket, I just couldn't find the motivation to start another big project.

I know what you mean, howie! I have a few things I need to finish up in march, but I just did not want to pick up a hook last night! I did nothing but read. :)

I'm digging that vest, too. Maybe you could rework the front closure and make it a dress?

• Like 1

I know what you mean, howie! I have a few things I need to finish up in march, but I just did not want to pick up a hook last night! I did nothing but read. :)

I'm digging that vest, too. Maybe you could rework the front closure and make it a dress?

Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of!  I will ask my daughter if she'd wear it if it were a dress... Otherwise I do have a couple people in mind that might actually like it (and they're tall enough for it to look right on them) so I may see if it's wanted outside of my house... LOL  Thanks for the idea - now my brain will be spinning ~ seeing if I can work out something for the front... :wink