Amy

The Athlete's Lounge

I now have the body of my afghan finished! :clap  I'm hoping to get the edging done tomorrow, but I may adjust it some so I can use up the rest of the yarn I had for this project. I hate all the little balls of yarn I have in this big box! :lol

• Like 1

Nice work everyone!

I just discovered the Games end on Sunday! Woo! I'm still not going to have all the parts of it done, but I'll at least have the booster rockets and orbiter finished, I'm sure! If I get anything done on the fuel tank, that's just gravy as far as I'm concerned right now!

Way to go Braxxi!  I never doubted you'd finish!!  :D

Personally, VikingRunnerGirl, I just can't wait to see how it looks - it sounds like such a super-cute idea!!  :D

Everyone's projects look so great! I'm so not sure that I'll be done in time! Still have two full panels to do on my afghan and another half to finish. Plus weaving and sewing. :/

I'm also worried that I'm going to run out of one of my colors, but Joann's didn't have more of it the other day. But, I'll hopefully be able to still get a silver medal! Fingers crossed!

Congrats to all those that are already done!

Necessary embroidery on the orbiter took a lot longer than I expected - like hours. I'm going to be down to the wire on finishing that section; forget the fuel tank. I don't even have the right color yarn anyway, it turns out! Thought I did....

I'm still hooking away over here!  I have three rows to do, plus the back strap/panel section and sew various pieces and parts together... so we'll see.  LOL

Congrats to those of you who have finished and will finish in time!!  :yay

Wow.  I finished my Entrelac afghan.  It was great fun learning a new technique.  I really enjoyed it and it was easier than I thought and pretty fast to work.  I will post a picture on the Crochetville site.  Do I get a Gold Metal? Woot, Woot. :clap

• Like 1

I'm not going to get this completed in time... I am nearly done, but I also have less than 1 minute before 11:00... LOL

I'll make sure to snap some photos of where I am right now before going any further.  I'll be done today, just not right now.  

I'm not going to get this completed in time... I am nearly done, but I also have less than 1 minute before 11:00... LOL

I'll make sure to snap some photos of where I am right now before going any further.  I'll be done today, just not right now.  

Don't you have until 3pm EST? We still have about 3 hours to get stuff done! I'm pretty sure I won't in 3 hours, but I hopefully will today!

Don't you have until 3pm EST? We still have about 3 hours to get stuff done! I'm pretty sure I won't in 3 hours, but I hopefully will today!

If we have until 3, there is still hope!!  I thought we had until 11:00 AM my time... 

Thanks!  Now I have a new goal to shoot for... LOL

Here are my finished items.

Not as many as I would have liked but considering this is my first attempt at crocheted jewelrey :)

not too bad

post-13221-0-25682200-1393178399_thumb.jpg

post-13221-0-42452100-1393178438_thumb.jpg

post-13221-0-39569500-1393178485_thumb.jpg

Edited by dragonpuck
  • Like 1

I did manage to get nearly the entire vest completed.  I'd say I'm at about 98% completion at this point.  I will get it finished today for sure!  :D  I edited my original post (in the registration thread) with my progress so I think I'm good to go!  

While I didn't get the vest completely finished, I am very pleased with the progress I did make and the fact that it will be finished later today.  It's been fun challenging myself to stay on task and get it as "done" as I have!  :lol  

It's been a lot of fun playing along with all of you, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  Once I have my project completed I will take some photos and get them posted... 

Since I used worsted weight yarn for this, and I'm fairly certain the original called for sport weight, my vest is huge.  Quite bright and colorful, as well - and HUGE.  It actually cracks me up quite a lot at how massive it turned out.  I don't know if my daughter will want to wear it or not, but she's been a lot of help with choosing the colors.  If she decides to wear it, I will make sure to snap some pictures of that, as well... then you can see what I mean by HUGE.  :rofl

Okay, that's enough from me right now - back at it!!  

Going to try a picture... C'ville and phone pictures are so bad!

Well, still flipped, but it's not eye-bending at least. This is the new shuttle and its booster rockets together with the rest of the fleet. Oh man, that's blurry. I'll try to do better later!

post-62070-0-19199600-1393187529_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well.  No picture came up.  They are on my computer, but I don't know how to make them appear in a post.  Sorry.  They are also on my phone, which I have used to put pictures on the regular Crochetville site.  I will try that.  I am need a four year old to come and teach me how to use my computer!!!!!!!!!