Amy

The Athlete's Lounge

This is the place to grab your favorite beverage, sit back and relax, and hang out  and chat with your fellow athletes.

I think I'm going to warm up with the hat that matches the coat I'm making for the challenge.  It will give me a chance to see how the yarn works with the pattern I picked.  The leaflet is out of print and the main  yarn no longer available.  So it will be a good chance to test my substitute on a smaller project.

I got the yarn for my project yesterday. I'm eager to get started, but glad that there's still a little time before I can. I have several little projects that I'd like to finish up. :)

I'm going to join but still can't decide on the project... At the moment I have a toddler dress on my NEEDLES and a baby dress on my HOOK :) And I guess I'll be making another dress for the Games (lot of girls in family...)

I wonder if there are some teams this year?

Well I'm glad I decided to make the matching hat for the doll project as a separate non-Olympic item.  I was checking the gauge on the yarn I bought that I thought would work as a replacement (the pattern is an out of print leaflet and the main yarn no longer available) and it isn't going to be a good fit.  I am playing with some other yarn from my stash that I think will work.

• Like 1

Just a couple more days...I have almost all of my yarn...Just gotta get a couple more skeins of black...I'm excited to see how the ghan is going to turn out.... 

I bought some thread and decided on my pattern. Since it is small i may try andget both doilies done.

It depends on how challenging i find thread work.

I found out that I had the date for the baby shower wrong, so I had to start on my project ASAP. I'll see if I can come up with another project to do for the Games.

I've been watching the figure skating competition going on and all I could think was "Why do you get to compete and I can't crochet yet!!!"  :lol Tomorrow can not come soon enough.

• Like 1

Super excited to get started tomorrow!! I haven't done any hooking since Christmas time! I'm ready to get hit the ground running!

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!..Has anyone started yet?...I'm about too...GOOD LUCK ALL..Can't wait to start seeing pics...And sharing ofcourse..This is going to be interesting to be sure...lol...

• Like 1

I went yarn shopping last night and got some pretty yarn to start baby blanket #1 with.  I got started today between routes at work and now I am about to find a good movie on Netflix and settle in for the night and crochet.  Snow is still falling outside so it seems like the perfect plan to me!  :)

• Like 1

I went yarn shopping last night and got some pretty yarn to start baby blanket #1 with.  I got started today between routes at work and now I am about to find a good movie on Netflix and settle in for the night and crochet.  Snow is still falling outside so it seems like the perfect plan to me!   :)

Sounds perfect to me too..Is the pattern something your familiar with?...Stay warm...

I think I bit off more than I can chew with this graphghan..I've frogged it twice already and haven't made it past row 4...I'm sure I will get the hang of it soon...(I hope)..I'm trying a new to me technique I found on youtube, so here's hoping...I was hoping to get 20 rows per night done, yeah right....Hope you all are fairing better than I am...Take care and have a great night,or WONDERFUL weekend (If I don't see you on..)

Got my throw started this morning...it seems I still have issues with "mitered" items. They always v-inwards. I'm hoping this one will work out once I get to the 2nd row of bricks!

Well the yarn didn't work for the hat, but its great for the coat.  Go figure.  So, I'm sticking with my original project.  I got a start today.  I like the look so far.

Got my throw started this morning...it seems I still have issues with "mitered" items. They always v-inwards. I'm hoping this one will work out once I get to the 2nd row of bricks!

Good luck on your throw....My afghan is giving me fits...

Well the yarn didn't work for the hat, but its great for the coat.  Go figure.  So, I'm sticking with my original project.  I got a start today.  I like the look so far.

That's GREAT that you got a start today...Can't wait to see it...

Sounds like a few bumpy starts to our first day out. Keep it up ladies!! You can do it!

As for me, I'm no exception. I haven't made anything where gauge really mattered in a while so I spent my evening trying to figure out that nonsense. And kicking myself because I could have been figuring that out all week! I think I've got it all sorted now. I figured it was an important detail since I'm making slippers. ;):lol

I was counting down the minutes this morning and even had my husband texting me updates as to when I could start crocheting. Of course, you know that means I didn't pick up my hook all day! Instead I spent it chasing my babies and then my friend's kids that I watch AND making delicious cake Batter fudge and vanilla cake for my toddler's 2nd birthday party tomorrow. I figure that baking was a pretty good reason to not crochet today. Also, someone tell her to stop getting so big so fast!

:hi

How is everybody doing??

I FINALLY got started on this tonight...

I'm having fun deciphering this pattern... I've gotten 8 rounds done so far (according to the pattern, 9 rounds - but I don't count the first one as that's the chain 5 & join part so to me, not technically a round... LOL) and I'm making notes as I go to *hopefully* assist the designer with the American terminology...

If I think about it, I'll snap a photo & upload it.  

I'm really looking forward to the later rounds and how much yarn they'll eat up... :wink

Also, I'm weaving my ends in as I go.  I don't want a bazillion ends staring me in the face at the end.   :rofl

Here's to all of our Crochet Olympians!!!   :cheer   :yay

Edited by crabby rat

Well things are going well over here. Have to get ready for work now but was able to finish the main part of one slipper. I have to make the other one and then I'll sew them up. Looking good so far!

• Like 1

Whew.  I think I need to rest my brain.  LOL  Going from the pattern to a blown-up photo and putting what I'm reading/seeing into language that makes sense to me has been a little bit challenging... probably shouldn't be that difficult.  I did say "language that makes sense to me" though so maybe that's it... :rofl  This is the first time I've ever done this, too...  :wink

I've finished the 12th round (the pattern calls it 13) out of 21 before I stop going all the way around.  Obviously, as the numbers get higher, it takes longer to go around... LOL  So only 4 rounds so far today, and I'm okay with that.  So far, sticking to it!  LOL

• Like 1