Amy

Athlete Registration

1. Details About Your Project:

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/be-my-valentine-throw . I would like to make this for my dad who is undergoing chemo right now.

2. Why This Project Is a Challenge:  I start many projects but do not complete them.  I tend to enjoy the process more than the final product.  
  3. Team: no team

4. Completion Status (see Rules):    I will begin this project Feb. 7th at 11:00 AM and my goal is to complete it by Feb 23rd 2:59 PM
  5. Date and Time You Finish:  
  • Like 1

I am competing and will be making 4 baby blankets and 4 baby hats in the sixteen days of the games.  No specific pattern as I want them all to be different.  As to why this will be a challenge I will just state that I currently have 4 of my 5 children and all 4 of my grandchildren living with my husband and I.  I also work outside of the home and am taking care of my very pregnant daughter who will be having my 5th grandchild very soon (possibly during the games).   :)

(I had originally posted that it would be 8 baby blankets but my local pregnancy center is out of blankets AND hats so I changed it.)

Edited by kraftynkrazy

Thread crochet. I have a big bag of thread and patterns for earrings and bracelets that I just can't seem to get to. I plan on finishing at least  two items per day while continuing to make lapghans and baby blankets for  a childrens hospital.

2. Why This Project Is a Challenge: tiny hooks and thread are challenge with my  fat fingers and bad eyes  I always have tension issues with thread crochet. I hope to fix that issue by doing a lot of thread the next 2 weeks :)

3. Team:?

4. Completion Status (see Rules):  bronze?/ didn't get as much done as I had planned but have a fair amount to show

5. Date and Time You Finish: 2/23/14  10 am MST
Edited by dragonpuck

Have you tried any of the thread hooks with larger handles?  I couldn't even work with thread until I found them.

Thread crochet. I have a big bag of thread and patterns for earrings and bracelets that I just can't seem to get to. I plan on finsihing at least  two items per day

2. Why This Project Is a Challenge: tiny hooks and thread a challenge with my  fat fingers and bad eyes  I alwayshave tension issues with thread crochet

3. Team:?

4. Completion Status (see Rules):

1. Details About Your Project:  I am making a freeform chicken centerpiece for my mother's breakfast room table.  I will design, make the pattern, and crochet a thread piece approximately 20" in diameter.  I will be using a combination of  thread and embroidery floss.   
  2. Why This Project Is a Challenge:  The time limit is going to be a killer.

3. Team: None

4. Completion Status (see Rules): TBD

5. Date and Time You Finish: TBD
  • Like 1

1. Details About Your Project: I'd like to join the "Crochet Olympics" and for my project I've decided to design and make an amigurumi doll based on the logo for my brothers' game company. It's called a Cosmic Wombat (a wombat in a space suit). I'm doing this for them and also because I want to as it will be a challenge. Here's a picture of it: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=460630360654312&set=a.460630357320979.123662.460630100654338&type=1&theater
  2. Why This Project Is a Challenge: This is a challenge because I'm fairly new to amigurumi yet and there is no pattern for it. I'm also trying to make a 3D doll off of a 2D picture. There's also going to be multiple color changes. And the spacesuit helmet is a fishbowl style. I haven't completely solved the problem of how I'm going to do that, although I have some ideas. So this is definitely going to be a challenge for me.
  3. Team: None
  4. Completion Status (See Rules):

Okay.

I've been debating with myself on this since I saw it in the forum... 

I have several projects in the works already, and have to question myself as to whether or not starting another project would be such a good idea; HOWEVER - this looks like so much fun, and I haven't really challenged myself to start and finish a project in a set amount of time before.  So, here goes!!

This is what I'll be working on:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/luls-flower-power-vest

The reason this will be a challenge for me is because I tend to allow myself to get distracted, and as I said above, I have several projects going already.  I hope my daughter likes the vest once it's finished!!  Also, the pattern designer originally published the pattern in another language, and it's only been translated into English without too much further investigation; she suggests if there is any confusion to just make it up!  LOL  So this should be interesting...

EDIT:  I am approximately 98% finished with my project.  Not completed, but it will be very soon!  I'm pleased with my progress and the amount I was able to get completed.  

Thanks for hosting!  I had a great time...

Here is a photo of the completed vest.  This is the back...

post-25611-0-22648400-1393277141_thumb.jpg

It's way too big, which I was wondering about when I chose to use regular worsted weight yarn rather than sport weight...

And here's the front...

post-25611-0-15028000-1393277223_thumb.jpgpost-25611-0-91236500-1393277240_thumb.jpg

Edited by crabby rat
  • Like 2

I'm in.  I have yarn and pattern for the broomstick lace cardi pattern by Jennifer Hanson.  The reason it will be a challenge for me is...I have not done broomstick lace in years.  And, I have tendinitis in my thumbs which makes doing crochet of any type a challenge these days. 

Have decided that I need to drop out. I am still going to work on this cardi, however, I have not had the opportunity to start it yet.  I have also been commissioned to make a scarf. I am working on another CAL and hope that the next time around I can truly commit to this.   You all have a great time.