Snookums14

Where does everyone get there yarn from?

im in the UK and i have been getting mine from The Works but i have all there yarn thay stock now and im struggling where to get it from at a cheap price.

Can anyone help? :-)

Thanks in advance

I've looked at the sites of two UK sources that seem to have a wide range of yarns----Deramores and Purple Linda Crafts. Have you seen those?

I've looked at the sites of two UK sources that seem to have a wide range of yarns----Deramores and Purple Linda Crafts. Have you seen those?

Thank you so much i will have a look :-)

I buy my yarn from Wal-Mart sometimes. I have also purchased yarn from Herrschner's and I have purchased some mill ends and also I purchase yarn from the classified forum of a knitting forum I'm a member of. I

I get mine mostly from a local yarn shop, but also occasionally shop at Jo Ann Fabrics or Wal Mart. I also shop for yarn online, usually directly from the manufacturer if they have an online shop or from a site like Jimmy Beans, Knit Picks, Seaport Yarn etc. Etsy is a great place to shop (online) for yarn as well. 

I shop at yarn stores, Joann's, Hancock's, Michael's. I don't shop online because I want to see and feel the yarn in person before purchasing.

• Like 1

I get most of my yarn from Joann's (a large art and craft store chain). I usually try to buy yarn when it's on sale to keep costs down. Occasionally, I'll splurge on more expensive yarn from a local yarn store.

Knitters nook,delray beach,hobbylobby,joanns,michaels(once a full blue moon),acmoore,walmart

I HATE that I can't order from Michael's, but I just really like their impeccable yarn so I keep going back (sometimes to more than one store) to get the colors I want/need. 

Mostly hobby lobby.

I purchase most of mine from WalMart but also occasionally purchase from Michaels.  

I do a lot about 98% of my crochet and knitting for charity and much of the yarn is donated by church

groups and others. These are single skeins or less.

If I am doing a contract piece for someone, they purchase the yarn.

A gift for a family member or friend I usually order my yarn from www.knitpicks.com

I love working with their acrylic yarn. It comes it beautiful colors and is long wearing, washes

well. Its offered in 3 different weights. I have never been disappointed in their yarns. They

offer excellent customer service.

I tend to buy mine mostly from Hobby Lobby but occasionally buy from Wal-Mart - However, when I see any at Goodwill or a yard sale - I snag them!

For my amigurumis I usually buy the cheap read heart, which can be found almost anywhere. I usually buy it at Walmarts. For things I am going to wear, I get most of it at knitpicks.com. I use their merino/merino blends for most of my cowls and scarves.

I try to mostly buy yarn on sale so I am constantly checking online for good sales!  I have bought from yarnspirations, joann's, michaels, hobby lobby and Walmart.