Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crochetville News

Transcript from Chat with Designer Kim Guzman, 10/25/13

1 post in this topic

Here is a sneak peek at the official transcript from Crochetville’s live chat with crochet designer Kim Guzman that took place on our Facebook page on Friday, October 25. Questions are in no particular order. We had so many questions that I’ve had to divide this blog post up into multiple parts. Links to all the parts can be found at the end of this post.

post-102-0-50873700-1389407194.jpg

(Note: Text appears as it was entered during the live chat.)

We hope you’ll join us on our Facebook page for future chats with more of your favorite crochet designers.

For full transcript, please go to the Crochetville blog: Transcript of Live Chat with Crochet Designer Kim Guzman, Part 1 of 4

Crochetville: Welcome to our live Facebook chat with prolific crochet designer Kim Guzman! Kim, thanks so much for being with us this morning. Everyone, if you have a question or comment for Kim, please write a new post. You’re welcome to comment in any existing post thread as well.

Kim Guzman: I’m here for the party.

Mary:  I would like to know how you got started and if you have any advice for newbies

Kim Guzman: I started designing from the time I could crochet. In 1998, I met Brenda Stratton and Carol Lawrence Alexander and they invited me to go to a CHA conference. It was there that I was able to witness the goings on between designer and publisher. I brought some samples with me and had three book deals from that one meeting. I haven’t stopped since. My biggest advice is to be sure to always submit your designs according to the publisher’s instructions and never take it personally when your design is rejected. It happens to all of us, all of the time.

Mary:  Thank you

Margaret: What is CHA?

Amy Roberts Shelton: CHA = Craft Hobby Association

Brenda Stratton:  Carol and I had so much fun watching Kim that day. She was worried the publishers weren’t going to like her designs, and they actually wound up fighting over them…all in good fun, of course! It was hilarious, and heart-warming at the same time. We knew she was going to be a star!

DeAnn:  …..and began designing when she was 8 years old. Kim’s Mom

Kim Guzman:  Oh, my mom’s here!

Cyndye: LOL…everyone sit up and behave.

Links to the Full Chat Transcript:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

About Kim Guzman

Kim Guzman has been designing crochet patterns for over 30 years. She’s had a major online presence since she created her first website in 1998: CrochetKim.com. She’s had designs published in many of the major crochet magazines including Crochet!, Crochet World, and Interweave Crochet. Kim has also had a number of popular leaflets published by Aleene’s Creative Living, Annie’s, and Leisure Arts. You can find her self-published designs on her Kimane Designs website. For more information on all her designs, including a listing of all her published books, please visit her main website. You can also keep up with Kim on Facebook on her crochet designer page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0