Replacemen for Redheart Carefree

Buckleigh

I started a project and have come to realize that I underestimated the amount of yarn that I would need. Its Red Heart Carefree, and I was using yarn from my stash. From my search, it appears Redheart doesnt make this yarn anymore. Does anyone know of a comparable yarn?

TYIA

BUCK

You'll have to find something in the same weight category, so if you know it, or can tell by working with it, that will help. So if it's worsted weight, you'll have to match it. Then match the type of yarn, such as acrylic, cotton, etc.

Lion Brand Cotton Ease might work for you as it is the same weight yarn. it is a blend though. I've used it a few times for baby afghans and liked the finished products very much. It also works great for washcloths and dishcloths and scarves. And, they also have Kitchen Cotton but it's not as soft.

I recently had to make a call to Red Heart due to a skein of Ribbons yarn that was a bit mangled in some spots. They were very nice and sent me 2 more skeins. Maybe a Red Heart representative could tell you what other yarns they have that will work as a substitute for you.

Good Luck! :D

Archived