Amy

Feb 2014 CAL: Amy Cardigan by Jenny King (official)

I'm ready to do the Asian Join.  I'm a little nervous about this part!  :(

I was too... but I was surprised at how easy it was once I got the hang of it!  Good luck.

• Like 1

Will the updated pattern (the one with the changes)  be emailed to those that previously bought it?  Thanks!

Edited by nimaker
  • Like 1

Finally!  I finished this project!  I can't thank you gals enough for all of the help!   :hug Special thank you to JourneyGal who I truly believe had it not been for her I would have thrown in the towel a long, LONG time ago!  

I made the sleeves shorter because I was running out of yarn.  I don't think I did them correctly but it is what it is now.  Would I make it again?  Yes but with a different yarn and I would make a few minor adjustments to the pattern.  Not the best pictures and please ignore the mess in my living room!  

post-11313-0-20505400-1394383360_thumb.jpgpost-11313-0-72718400-1394383369_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Finally!  I finished this project!  I can't thank you gals enough for all of the help!   :hug Special thank you to JourneyGal who I truly believe had it not been for her I would have thrown in the towel a long, LONG time ago!  

I made the sleeves shorter because I was running out of yarn.  I don't think I did them correctly but it is what it is now.  Would I make it again?  Yes but with a different yarn and I would make a few minor adjustments to the pattern.  Not the best pictures and please ignore the mess in my living room!  

attachicon.gif009.JPGattachicon.gif010.JPG

I love it!! And it looks really good on you the color is perfect. Great job!!

• Like 1

It's beautiful!  I really like the shorter sleeves.  I haven't shortened mine yet.  ... And you are very welcome.  I am so glad, and actually surprised, that I was able to help someone else.  I learned so much from everyone on this forum.

• Like 1

Great job!  Looks good with the shorter sleeves!  

• Like 1

I am now ready for the asian join.  I just emailed for the directions.  I am a little behind but I had a few other projects going at the same time.  I have ADD when it comes to crocheting. I need a few things at a time going to keep me interested.

I had already started on the shaping the shoulders and decided it wasn't going to be long enough for me, so I pulled it out to the beginning of the repeats so I would be sure to do the count correct for the other things i may have to make longer like the fronts - I'm a pretty big old girl.  I'll be getting on line and getting me a couple of skeins of yarn cause I know I'm going to be short.  So ya just go on with out me,,,,but I would like to ask the folks that did the piece by piece photo of each piece to put them on this end of the blog so I can find them eaiser.  I need to make sure mine look like it should I'm not taking out anymore....famous last words, but it has to be perfect.

I had already started on the shaping the shoulders and decided it wasn't going to be long enough for me, so I pulled it out to the beginning of the repeats so I would be sure to do the count correct for the other things i may have to make longer like the fronts - I'm a pretty big old girl.  I'll be getting on line and getting me a couple of skeins of yarn cause I know I'm going to be short.  So ya just go on with out me,,,,but I would like to ask the folks that did the piece by piece photo of each piece to put them on this end of the blog so I can find them eaiser.  I need to make sure mine look like it should I'm not taking out anymore....famous last words, but it has to be perfect.

I forgot to ask how Amy's mom is, and just letting her know I'm lifting her and her mom up in pray daily.  It's hard on the family when one of the parents or both are sick, since they have always been the caregivers and now my parents are in the age of needing help and it gets hard.

Also has anyone heard from the girl that lost her mom at the beginning of the cardigan,

Thanks everyone for the kind words on my project!  Deena I haven't seen or head anything about how Amy's mom is doing so not sure what is going on.  Sue the directions for the asian join method is in post number 2....super easy and I loved it!

Finished and packing off to send to my sister in FL.  Hoping she will send me some photos modeling it when she gets it.

Beautiful!  My mom want's one in brown... I'm going to show her your photos.

Question on row 42 of the back: sl st up to or into ch-2 space? Where does the 3ch go? In the first ch-2 space?

Make sure to read the notes on page one of this forum... there is some really important info & changes to the pattern!!!

So what I did... and it worked for me (other more experienced people may have done it differently).  

I Slip stitched INTO the first ch-2 space... then chained 3... it is like a DC in that same ch-2 space.

So for me... on row 42, I repeated row 41.  I began the shoulder shaping rows on row 43.  Each row decreases by 3 shells... so row 43 has 25 shells, row 44 has 22 shells... row 50 has 4 shells. 

Good luck!  I hope this helped.

Edited by JourneyGal

Everyone, I apologize for sort of disappearing for awhile. My mom had major surgery for endometrial cancer at the end of February, and experienced some major complications that sent her back to the hospital. My sister and I spent a lot of time at the hospital with her and dad. Good news is mom is now home and recovering fine. Pathology came back Stage 1B, so the most she'll need is a little radiation therapy, but we're not sure of that until she meets with the radiation oncologist once she's fully recovered. Prognosis is excellent. :)

Anyway, if anyone is still having problems that you need me to address for you, could I ask you to make a new post in the thread? That way I'll be sure not to miss anyone who still needs help.

• Like 1

I also just pinned some of the finished garments to Crochetville's crochet-along Pinterest board. If you've posted a photo that I've missed, can you either post the photo again or let me know the post # of the picture you want me to use? Feel free to post new photos, too. I'll do my best to pin all the photos of finished cardigans posted from this point on.

• Like 1

Oh Amy, how scary!  I'm so glad that your Mom is doing better and that they caught it early.  I will continue to hold her in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Thank you, JourneyGal! Yes, it's been pretty rough around here since before Christmas, when we first found out cancer was the likely issue. She had polyps removed 2.5 years ago, so we were very hopeful the actual cancer was a relatively recent development. But Mom is tough, and she'll get through this physical part, now that the side issues are resolved.

• Like 1

I can't wait to see more pictures. Yes, the fronts do go much, much faster than the back! The sleeves are super-duper quick, and the Asian seaming is even faster!

The end is in sight, and you're fast approaching having a gorgeous cardigan to wear!

• Like 1