Feb 2014 CAL: Amy Cardigan by Jenny King (official)

Amy

Susan, you can call the hotel or the main Radisson reservations number and give the the code KCS14 to get the discounted room rates.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

54 kits have now been sold! Creative Yarn Source is out of stock of 4 colors, but will have more from their supplier soon.

Want to bet PURPLE is one of the colors that have sold out? :)

Susan, you can call the hotel or the main Radisson reservations number and give the the code KCS14 to get the discounted room rates.

Thanks Amy!  I called and they applied the discount, then sent me an adjustment confirmation.

We now have 87 participants, and the number continues to grow.

Jenny is making one final check over the US pattern to make sure no errors were introduced when she translated it from her native Australian crochet terminology.

She had unexpectedly been away from her computer, but the patterns should be emailed out to everyone any time now.

We'll get the pattern to everyone by the end of the weekend, and hopefully much sooner than that.

We now have 87 people signed up for the CAL, and more continue to join as we go.

I have started to work on mine so I'll be far enough ahead of everyone to answer any questions as they come along.

When I opened my package, with the lighting I was in, the yarn in the bag looked like it was purpled striped with black. IT WASN'T, so don't worry! The dark part was the shiny rayon wrapped around the strands of cotton. Looking at it in the skein, out of the bag, the yarn still has a very striped look to it.

It's totally amazing how that stripiness completely disappears when the yarn is worked up.

I had seen this yarn at TNNA, and I'm sure I have a skein of it in my stash somewhere. I had remembered I really liked it, but I didn't remember just how much I liked it.

I think you all are also going to love this yarn just as much as I do.

Latest news from Creative Yarn Source: Due to the unexpected response to this crochet-along, 7 colors are now out of stock. Replacement stock has been ordered from Mexico and is expected to arrive within 7-10 days.

Latest news from Jenny King: She has been out of town at a family wedding, but is now back at her computer and has sent out patterns (in both US and UK/AUS terminology) to everyone who ordered as of yesterday. From this point on, patterns should be emailed within 24 hours of placing an order. Since all of us are small companies, with one person doing pretty much everything, I'd ask that you give just a little more time on weekends for patterns to be sent out.

Latest news from Crochetville: Since some people may be waiting to order until their favorite color comes back in stock, we'll extend the official time of the Crochet-Along through the end of March if necessary to give everyone plenty of time to complete their project. :) If you don't receive your pattern within 48 hours of ordering it, or if you ordered on January 24 or before and do not yet have your pattern, please send a message to our page with the email address you used when you placed your order so I can send the pattern to you. Note for those outside the US: The pattern will be emailed after Mona has received your separate payment for the cost of international shipping.

Diane, it IS always a risk to order yarn sight unseen. I'm glad you think you'll be happy with this one.

I am really enjoying it. I'm up to Row 7 on the back.

For those who have their yarn and pattern in hand, feel free to start at any time. You don't have to wait until February 1. :)

Just realize that I'm only just now starting myself, so if you get ahead of me, I may not be too much help until I'm able to catch up to you. So don't go too fast!

Patterns have been sent out, at least to everyone who ordered as of early Saturday morning US time. If you don't have your pattern yet, please send me a PM here with your email address. Once I verify you're on the list of those who ordered kits, I can email the pattern to you.

Please remember, if you have international shipping, the pattern will be sent out only after you've paid your separate invoice for the price of international shipping.

If there is a Lisa Henderson from Ohio reading this, please get in touch with me here through our Contact Us form, private message, or send a message to the Crochetville Facebook page.

Jenny and Mona are trying to send the pattern to you via email, but they can't seem to get through your ISP's spam filter.

I started mine last night and have worked thru row 9.  My only complaint is that there is no way, from what I am seeing so far, that this would fit a size XL.  I will more then likely end up giving this away to someone who is smaller.  I like the yarn and the pattern, so far, is pretty uncomplicated.  I think I will have some problems at the end tho with some kind of "Asian Joining Technique" that I have never in my life heard of.  Guess I should go google that one!   

Amy can we post pictures here of our progress?

Archived