Morning has Broken Shawl

Jayashiangel

What a neat pattern. You did a very nice job on both and your pics are fine. When opened, they show good detail. I have some Homespun in my stash so I think I'll make one as a Prayer Shawl for my middle daughter who is very ill.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement w/ my shawls :O) My yarn is donated yarn so I have to mix & match what I have so at times it can be a challenge...I really wish to try some homespun using this pattern as soon as I can afford too :O) plus it would be the first time using homespun looking forward to in the future....

Thanks again everyone for your encouragement.,, Here are 2 more that I just finished this week.. The multi-color shawl w/ yellow I ran out of the scrap color yarn I was using and grabbed another shade of yellow and I think it blended well :O) I have 5 boxes of scrap balls to use up so I plan to try to use them in these shawls to donate.... I need to clear out some space!!! 10 boxes of yarn & 5 of them scrap..time to clean house...

post-35509-0-84890200-1389800957_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-69216900-1389800966_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your encouragement w/ my shawls :O) My yarn is donated yarn so I have to mix & match what I have so at times it can be a challenge...I really wish to try some homespun using this pattern as soon as I can afford too :O) plus it would be the first time using homespun looking forward to in the future....

I too have to use donated yarns, but sometimes you get such beautiful colorways, that you never expect!

• 4 weeks later...

I just tried this shawl and ripped it out 4 times.It just doesn't look right..

After trying this shawl, I really believe any yarn could be used!  I tried the homespun (which I personally do not like to work with!), and Red Heart Super Saver.  I did each sample with a K hook and it looked fine!   Maybe if you change hooks, and play around with it, you'll be OK!  Good luck!

Archived