MarvieN

My son's First FO

My son finally finished a crochet project =) It's tiny, but he did it, right down to weaving the ends all by himself!!

oc110055at.jpg

It was going to be a sleping bag for his little mini guys, but as he was working on it he decided it would make a great gun holder, so that is what it became lol. I'm just proud of him for finishing something lol.

He insisted I post it here though =) There are a few more pics on my blog,

Thanks for looking =) B is quite proud of himself!

Congratulations to your son :clap

It looks great :hook

How old is he? My seven year old wants to crochet, but he is not a very good crochet student....combined with me not being the most patient teacher LOL

Thanks ya'll =) He loves reading that "real" crocheters admire his work =)

Aimee B is 11. He gets bored with it pretty quick, or rather he gets frustrated bc it takes him much longer than what he sees when he watches me and he's not interested in "practicing" (practice=boring lol) but maybe now that he's finished something he'll be more interested in trying. Who knows lol.

If you can teach him how to hold the yarn first (only take about five minutes at most the first time) and show him how to make it move over his fingers... then give him a strand a couple feet long and let him take it to practice with while he watches tv or something. Next time, show him how to make a chain and give him his own little ball of yarn and a hook (I start people off with a J hook usually) and let him take it and do his thing. Then just keep working in short sessions one step at a time for as long as he's interested.

I don't push B, when he's bored or frustrated I say let's take a break and try again later and tell him when he's ready to try again to let me know (said with a smile and in a pleasant tone no matter how frustrating it may have been for me lol)

B would probably be more into it, but his dad has teased him about doing "girl stuff" a few times so the poor kid has backed off, but he always comes back =) (I told him aout all the men and young boys here that I have seen and read about, that's helped a lot!)

Maybe he'd be interested in making his own hats, scarves, and mittens. There are several patterns for those things that aren't too "girly." animal0083.gif

Wow, awesome job!!! :D:hook