2014 Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivered!

badrhinogillett

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just getting online to email you!  Our mail goes to a central lockbox on the block and we didn't go down yesterday.  Just got back from the mailbox and there it was!  I'll be getting pics of your ghans and Jessica's up here in the thread this weekend.

I love seeing all the blankets. I love the FB page too.
Kathryn got me going on the fleece edging and I have been loving it. I bought fleece on sale and have enough for about 28 blankets. I'm having fun edging them all.

Lots of arrivals this week!

1st up, 9 afghans from Debbie (deedees).  Various sizes and lovely patterns!

14 hats from Yesni - all the way in Singapore!

2 afghans from Jessica - so pretty!

These are going to be such blessings for the babies!

post-2886-0-29120400-1396201635_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-61986500-1396201707_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-76967700-1396201723_thumb.jpg

Package from Chrissy arrived today!  14 blankets and 18 hats in 2 clown car boxes!  The colors on the blankets are so very cheerful - my camera doesn't really convey the colors.  So pretty - and all the hats!  Wonderful wonderful wonderful!

post-2886-0-46227600-1396822393_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-30119800-1396822424_thumb.jpg

I have already started filling up my tote again more bright colors, more fleece, more c2c going to finally get to earflap character hats but not until i finish my grand daughter's sweater and the scarves my mom needs for Easter. So probably May before i fill another box or 2. The colors are mostly the REd Heart Blacklight and Dayglow I love how bright they are and how the colors pool when crocheted.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a question about yarn types on baby blanket what types do you suggest..... I usually only have around the house Red Heart Brand type is this too thick or scratchy for this project for you?

• 5 weeks later...

Sandie- I accept afghans all year long.  I deliver at the end of November.  Anything received by Thanksgiving will go this year.  Anything received after thanksgiving, will go in 2015.  As long as Charisma is washable - it will be fine!

MaryJO- Hope you got my email when I got the package.  Had computer troubles for a while at home and was unable to get pictures loaded.  (computer being fixed- Comcast coming out etc).  Pics up soon.

Archived