Dishcloths of 2014 ~ CAL........

teakaycee

???? Well... here we are again...........I'm carrying this CAL over from last year because like myself.. there are others that enjoy making dishcloths.. and sharing the pics and patterns.

A dishcloth is a fun...simple... quick project that 'gives' in so many ways.

I feel great when making one ..because I can finish it in no time. I feel good being able to give them away as gifts... and they put a smile on someones face when they receive one!

So..... all that said....... lets get to having some fun with dishcloths.

~ pop in whenever you can.... share a dishcloth or simply comment on someone elses.

~ share a link or pattern so we can all play

~ dont forget pictures of your beautiful work

~ most of all.......... have fun!

No pressure.... No demands... No deadlines... just come play in the cotton yarn

Previous Dishcloth CAL links:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61718

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94707

http://www.crochetvi....d.php?t=111559

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/144065-dishcloths-of-2013-cal/

Pattern :

Crochet Pattern Central Dishcloths

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php

ChrisCrossCrafts~FreeDishcloths

http://www.chriscrosscrafts.com/free/dishclothes.htm

Fish Dishcloth

http://dishclothcorner.blogspot.com/2008/06/fish-washclothdishcloth.html

http://dishandwashclothmania.com/cloths-crochet/

365 dishcloth challenge

http://www.bestfreecrochet.com/?cat=75

Flowers go round

http://coffeencrafts.blogspot.com/2013/01/freebie-friday.html

????

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun! I'll join in, I think. My 3 year old much prefers the crocheted dishcloths for facewashing to regular ones.

:yay

Welcome!!!

I think I'm just gonna lurk around on this one. I do have some dishcloth questions though:

Are they just squares or circles or whatever of cotton yarn?

Do they get heavy when wet?

Are they soft or scratchy feeling?

Are They absorbant?

Do they work as well as regular ones?

I think I'm just gonna lurk around on this one. I do have some dishcloth questions though:

Are they just squares or circles or whatever of cotton yarn?

Do they get heavy when wet?

Are they soft or scratchy feeling?

Are They absorbant?

Do they work as well as regular ones?

???? Lurk all they want!

Oh my .... They are so many designs and shapes of dishcloths! I love seeing all the different ones that everyone makes!

Topically dishcloths are made of 100% cotton yarn....cotton is very soft! The are awesome for bathing! They hold soap really well... So you don't use as much as store bought wash cloths.

I don't buy dishcloths and wash cloths from the stores at all! My mother doesn't either.... She buys me balls of cotton yarn and I make her cloths.

The are awesome for gift giving also ... For new born babies....for house warming gifts....newly weds....etc.

Hope that helped answer your questions!

????

Lurk all they want!

Oh my .... They are so many designs and shapes of dishcloths! I love seeing all the different ones that everyone makes!

Topically dishcloths are made of 100% cotton yarn....cotton is very soft! The are awesome for bathing! They hold soap really well... So you don't use as much as store bought wash cloths.

I don't buy dishcloths and wash cloths from the stores at all! My mother doesn't either.... She buys me balls of cotton yarn and I make her cloths.

The are awesome for gift giving also ... For new born babies....for house warming gifts....newly weds....etc.

Hope that helped answer your questions!

Yes that helped. Thank you so much. I have another question now. Say I use a yellow one on my dishes. It gets dirty and I wash it. Is it gonna look as pretty as before I used it?

Yes that helped. Thank you so much. I have another question now. Say I use a yellow one on my dishes. It gets dirty and I wash it. Is it gonna look as pretty as before I used it?

???? The dishcloths will dull after awhile ...really like any dishcloth will dull.

I do find that my handmade ones don't dull as fast.

Here are a couple knit ones (my own pattern) that I made

post-18634-0-05515500-1388632039_thumb.jpg

These are a couple crochet ones I make as as sets all the time!

The round one is one I wrote up also

The square one is a simple corner to corner pattern

post-18634-0-30391100-1388632116_thumb.jpg

????

The dishcloths will dull after awhile ...really like any dishcloth will dull.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Pretty!

If I somehow find the time i might make some. I would like to maybe make some for my sister to use on her face or whatever. She's really into makeup and beauty stuff. So maybe I'll make her some for her birthday in April. Not sure when I'll have time though.

:sun

☕~ Good morning all!

Hope you're having a fabulous New Year so far! ????

Tonight will be our last night here in Florida ....we will be heading home tomorrow afternoon! As wonderful as it has been to be here ... I'm ready to go home - even if it is cold there ????❄

I'm busy working on a Comfort'ghan right now ... Won't be playing in my cotton till its done. My mom has an "order" in for some new dishcloths.....hehee

Well.....off to get a fresh cup of coffee and crochet

Check back later!

????

I would love to join this CAL! My goal this year is to st some stuff worked up so that I can participate in craft fairs this year. Would be great to have some dish clothes to sell.

:yay

Good to have you here!!!

The dishcloths will dull after awhile ...really like any dishcloth will dull.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

They look great. I like the way the colors appear in the bright knit one.

I make a lot of dishcloths, partly because they are quick, and don't usually require much concentration. Also I like to use and gift them.

I think I will join this. I really need to make some dishcloths and washcloths. I haven't made any for me for about 2 1/2 years. Some of my washcloths are starting to fall apart. My kids love the crocheted washcloths as well. Hopefully by joining, it will get me motivated. Although, I find it easier to crochet things for people (even strangers) then it is to make things for myself. I'm sure I'm not alone in that department.

I think I will join this. I really need to make some dishcloths and washcloths. I haven't made any for me for about 2 1/2 years. Some of my washcloths are starting to fall apart. My kids love the crocheted washcloths as well. Hopefully by joining, it will get me motivated. Although, I find it easier to crochet things for people (even strangers) then it is to make things for myself. I'm sure I'm not alone in that department.

Oh I'm right there with you. I am always thinking to myself I would like to have a such and such colored afghan. Hasn't happened. I always seem to feel guilty doing for myself. Always feel like there is something for a birthday or Christmas, or charity, or new baby I ought to be working on. I feel that way about lots of things. When I'm shopping I'm more likely to get something for someone else than for myself. Even if it's with bday or Christmas money/gift card. I'm just like my mom in that way. OH when it comes to giving gifts I go way overboard. Like my cousin is having a baby. Not due for a while. I will probably make her lots of cute things (burp cloths, babyghan, baby play toy that crinkles, and washcloths) and I will probaby also buy a ton of stuff as well. Will do one of my signature gift baskets. Hopefully I can go see her and not have to ship the gift. She lives like 4 or 5 hours away in the next state over. Also haven't done my friend a gift for her grandson who is like 6 months. Gotta get on that. Plus got charity stuff to do. So never nothing for me!!!

One advantage of making dishcloths is they work up pretty quickly.  For the most part they aren't a long commitment like a afghan or something else you make for yourself. 

I also think of it as a practical matter.  I use them in the kitchen all the time.  If I don't make them, we either buy them or use more paper towels.  So from a practical economical stand point I need to make some for my own home.  As others have mentioned they wear out over time, so I do take time to replace and renew the supply.  I also find they add some color and decorative feel to my kitchen. 

Hi Everyone!

If you'll have me, I think I'll join. I love crocheted or knitted dishcloths, and this will keep me motivated to start a "stock-pile" so I can have them on-hand as gifts.

Happy crocheting!!

I have a couple that are too dainty to handle much use, but for the most part I find they are pretty hardy.  DH used one and thought he'd ruined it with stains over the holidays.  Popped it in the wash and it came out fine. 

This CAL is giving me the perfect excuse to go yarn shopping!! Yay!!! Did anybody else see Tampa Doll's newest tote? It's made with Peaches and Cream yarn called Hippie. I immediately fell in love with that color!! Now to find the perfect pattern...

I have made 3 dishcloths and 2 washcloths since Sunday.  I haven't used a store bought dish or washcloth in years.

I don't have any full balls of yarn so I'm using up all of my leftover yarn. 

post-41739-0-15783900-1389100981_thumb.jpg

post-41739-0-42494400-1389100997_thumb.jpg

post-41739-0-33734900-1389101014_thumb.jpg

Archived