Dishcloths of 2014 ~ CAL........

teakaycee

I think I'll join in on this one as well. I think I'll try to complete one inbetween other projects. I've been wanting to build up my stash for gifts and farmer's market. Just completed one with two strands of size 3 thread. I love how flexible it is when made that way. Lokng forward to everyone's check-ins! :cheer

Kristy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MissyAnn and kjauthement: Beautiful cloths!! Maybe I'll dig around in my stash...I think I have some cotton in there that can hold me over until I get to the store.

I need to find a home for part of my "stockpile"! My DILs use them, but my best friend is always saying "that's too pretty to use".

I use the ones I make for myself, but I find it hard to use ones that I receive as a gift. Hopefully the dishcloths I give away get used.

I have made 3 dishcloths and 2 washcloths since Sunday.  I haven't used a store bought dish or washcloth in years.

I don't have any full balls of yarn so I'm using up all of my leftover yarn. 

Great work!

Yes that helped. Thank you so much. I have another question now. Say I use a yellow one on my dishes. It gets dirty and I wash it. Is it gonna look as pretty as before I used it?

Before and after...the dishcloth on the left is new, the one on the right about 2 years old

First picture they are both dry, second picture the old one is wet. You can see when it gets wet it gets some of its color back and flattens out a bit. They get softer and softer the more you use/wash/dry them. I think the best way to know if you like them is to make one and try it out!

post-15073-0-23508500-1389282065_thumb.jpg

post-15073-0-00424700-1389282090_thumb.jpg

Before and after...the dishcloth on the left is new, the one on the right about 2 years old

First picture they are both dry, second picture the old one is wet. You can see when it gets wet it gets some of its color back and flattens out a bit. They get softer and softer the more you use/wash/dry them. I think the best way to know if you like them is to make one and try it out!

So many pretty ones!

Pretty dishcloths. Thanks for the visual aid. That really helps. I may make one when I get the time.

I can't really commit to this CAL this year but I so love the pics and patterns so if you don't mind I will be a lurker :gallery

I love dishcloths for their ability to 'swatch' for pattern stitches.

☕ ~ good afternoon......

I want to first apologize for being a bit MIA.

Things have been quite stressful lately!

First...work has been most of my stress!! Adults can be so ridiculously childish!

Then while on Christmas break....two teen girls that go school with my boys die in a car accident right before Christmas!

Then my sweet Uncle Lou passes away yesterday afternoon from pancreatic cancer! Thank you Lord for letting me be able to hug and kiss on him on our way home from our trip from Christmas!

And my sweet son .... Is still fighting his way out of a relapse from Nephrotic Syndrome.

So...... I'm exhausted and have one heck of a migraine!

But...... I wanted to stop in and say :hi Hello and tell you all what beautiful dishcloths I'm seeing be made! Wow!!!

????

Archived